Monitor 5 Series 2 components confusion

Options
I am in the process of rebuilding my M5 series 2 crossovers. I removed the caps and resistors. The inductors are still attached to the board, but they are only linked to open wires now. Will these wires and board affect the readings? I was surprised by the values. I thought the values would be the M7 series 2 high pass, and 5B low pass.

I did a search for the schematic, here and google, but did not find one. I thought someone had drawn one for the series 2. I think it was a jpg.

Using the the M7 Rev2 schmatic as a reference, the values are listed below (assumed nominal/measured).

C1 = 12 / 13
C2 = 34 / 33
C3 = 8 / 8
R1 = 2.7 / 2.7
L1 = .27 / .28
L2 = 1.75 / 1.8

Both inductors values don't seam to make sense with the rest of the components. Has anyone checked these values before?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,625
    Options
    Are you planning on new inductors? If not just get the same value caps and go. Polk is well known for changing up on the fly so you never know.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 748
    Options
    I am not planning on new inductors. I know they change things up, but often there are common combinations. These values are quite different, and well outside a 10% range. I would think sonically they would be radically different. Maybe it is only shifting the crossover point. If so, why?

I wish I had a program to calulate the crossover curves. I've assumed the 34 uF, 1.55mH and 27uF, 1.75mH combinations produced similar curves. This is a 34 , 1.75mH combination.