FS: Parasound D/AC 800 DAC - $130

Options
cortico
cortico Posts: 587
edited May 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hi, selling this nice DAC from the 90's. Does a great job, I really enjoy these old units.

$130 shipped

Digital converter: Burr Brown PCM67, 18-bit, 8 x oversampling
Digital Inputs: Coaxial, Optical
Sampling Frequency: 32, 44, 48kHz
Frequency response: 5Hz to 20kHz
Dynamic range: 108dB
Signal to Noise Ratio: 100dB
Channel separation: 100dB
Total harmonic distortion: 0.005%
Line output: 2.5V
Dimensions: 19 x 3-3/8 x 12 inches
Weight: 11lbs

tb1fuj225ma2.jpg
21535c54dnz9.jpg
5jpajod06vt1.jpg
nh83e1d18f3w.jpg
d4hi1g24xth0.jpg
39a5rtvzlplq.jpg
apiso0eqyi7l.jpg
yc5z7p1gb8bc.jpg
m4178dbevsjc.jpg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    Nice.. Did you ever get the 32kHz to light up and how did that sound?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    Do you have the original box and packing materials by chance?

I have one of these, but not this clean.
    The D/AC-800 was my first DAC, and it's still one of my favorites. I like it with a Model 2100, Squeezebox Touch, and Monitor 10's.

I'll also admit that I absolutely got taken to the cleaners on it when I was first getting started a little over three years ago compared to what you're asking. Guy saw me coming a mile away, but

l257a9w1qzsb.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • cortico
    Options
    No original box. Never payed attention to the lights, but the unit sounds great. It was paired with a Parasound CD player, the player internal dac sounds good but I notice more punch and dimension when the dac is on.

I really like these old Dac, I had a few from PS audio, ADCOM and Parasound which I prefer over the other two and is more coherent with the rest of my gear. I decided to cash out the 800 and will use the funds to upgrade a D/ac 1000 I am currently working on.

Thanks for all the inquiries.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Do you have the original box and packing materials by chance?

I have one of these, but not this clean.
    The D/AC-800 was my first DAC, and it's still one of my favorites. I like it with a Model 2100, Squeezebox Touch, and Monitor 10's.

I'll also admit that I absolutely got taken to the cleaners on it when I was first getting started a little over three years ago compared to what you're asking. Guy saw me coming a mile away, but

l257a9w1qzsb.jpg

I actually laughed out loud. Wish I didn't spend my money and have mothers day coming up or else I'd get this as I'm in dire need of a dac. GLWTS!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • cortico
    Options