SRS-2.3tl Upgrade

2»

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Nice work man...I mean it is no Z edition 2.3TL (right @gudnoyez ) but it'll do Dave...it'll do. ;)

On a side note, I used a set of Dayton Audio mini "jeweled" binding posts when I did mine. Unfortunately, they no longer make/sell them but they were perfect for the stock binding post cups/Trey's aluminum plates.

Thanks. I offer several different price ranges for Caps, along other upgrade options. The customer is free to pick and choose what they want, depending on their budget.
    I do offer Imported, Insulating Copper Binding Posts, which are quite good.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    msg wrote: »
    Ryan, curious, why choose the minis over standard for a speaker?
    I picked some up, myself, but was intended to use to convert the speaker terminals in an old receiver where the space is limited.

For me, it was because they were approximately the same size externally as the "full sized" posts but they didn't have the long threaded section that stuck into the cabinet. Plus I liked the ring connector better.

They worked well and were inexpensive but solidly constructed. Otherwise, I was looking at the WBT posts for the rebuild.

Dave, yeah, that's the nice thing about doing the mods/updates for yourself...no real price point to consider and the budget is entirely your own and can ebb and flow as you decide. Hehe.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    BTW Scott your 2.3's need this kind of love! Just check out those crossovers B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Ryan, curious, why choose the minis over standard for a speaker?
    I picked some up, myself, but was intended to use to convert the speaker terminals in an old receiver where the space is limited.

For me, it was because they were approximately the same size externally as the "full sized" posts but they didn't have the long threaded section that stuck into the cabinet. Plus I liked the ring connector better.

They worked well and were inexpensive but solidly constructed. Otherwise, I was looking at the WBT posts for the rebuild.

Dave, yeah, that's the nice thing about doing the mods/updates for yourself...no real price point to consider and the budget is entirely your own and can ebb and flow as you decide. Hehe.

I have the "Mini" BPs. I use them in tight places. I had some old Pioneers and JBLs brought to me, that wouldn't accept the larger BPs.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/