Odyssey Audio Khartago Stereo Power Amp

Odyssey Audio Khartago Stereo Power Amp. Just back from a checkup from Klaus within the last year. This unit has full layout of caps (8 total), black board and WBT input connectors.

B grade chassis - some dings and bumps but nothing major. Will include power cord.

$995 not shipped. 23.0" × 21.0" × 9.0" (35.0 lbs.) from 61114. Local pickup is fine.

Specs here:

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/products-khartago-stereo.html

a9g5cl4blphm.jpg
kmdoutridt3z.jpg
8t7hcavvo4i2.jpg
s3b32vbd0hwm.jpg

Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    edited May 2017
    A wise person here just asked why I was selling this at Klaus' brand new price. I forget that not everyone would recognize the upgraded model so...

You get all of that and more! This is the list of upgrades beyond the standard price that is in this unit.

WBT RCA inputs

The wiring coming in from the WBT's and back to the speaker posts is the Groneberg Quattro Reference wire and also has the additional shielding on it.

Instead of the normal 4 cap layout this has double that amount.

This has the 400va Plitron transformer.

But wait....There's MORE!

The black board - this is thicker than the standard red board and is populated with better components than the standard. Vishay Dale resistors and WIMA caps are on this board and not on the standard.

The Khartago is the same as the Stratos but with a smaller case. This unit is just a notch or two ...maybe just one notch (capacitors) below his Kismet model line.

Klaus always stands behind his products no matter who/what or where they got the unit from. He states a 20 year warranty but if it's his - he'll make it work no matter how long it's been out in the field.

I own two Stratos units. One is a dual mono config and the other a dual power supply unit. Both are fully upgraded and I would be very hard pressed to ever think that I could upgrade to better without spending twice to three times as much as I paid.

Please check out the recent AXPONA reviews for more on this unit and the Odyssey Audio "experience"!

Here are some pictures of the Kismet unit's internals. The caps are different and that's expected. Otherwise... pretty much the same but I think the wiring in mine is upgraded even further! The transformer in the unit in the article is also the newer one than what is in the one I'm selling.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146189.0
    Post edited by ALL212 on
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    This amp is sweet. Wish I had the coin. I don't think the word "stock" is in A2's vocabulary. If you gave him a pair of JVC ear buds he'd upgrade them, too. ;)
  • daboyz
    Need I say more? :)
  • ALL212
    $900 and we can discuss shipping...
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    So glad I'm broke as this paired with those Ushers in Michigan would be a fun roadtrip and pretty much on the same route
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ALL212
    This is why there are banks and loans! o:)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2017
    ALL212 wrote: »

Lol yup and also divorce attorneys :smile:, whichnid have to use one to afford the other
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • daboyz
    Note to self: never take a road trip w/ Dan. :)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2017
    ALL212 wrote: »

Lol yup and also divorce attorneys :smile:, whichnid have to use one to afford the other

Sissy. :*
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Did this sell? I'm so confused :/:/:/:/
  • ALL212
    edited May 2017
    Not sold yet. And I can't imagine why you'd be confused. o:)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    $825 shipped. The banks are open today. >:)
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • ALL212
    Sold!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    I was just about to comment that this was a giveaway price. Congrats man!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    thank God! I don't think I'd have gotten another piece by the wife. :#
    Congrats to those involved.