Fake Amazon Reviews

Options
2»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I also pay attention to the negative reviews more than the positive these days. One thing I wondered about for a while was how something as mundane as a spool of "milspec" parachute cord could get multiple thousands of reviews with something like 95 percent of them five stars and none negative. Granted, it's pretty hard to screw up selling something like that. Then I bought some and found the vendor hounded me for a month by offering an inducement in exchange for a five star review. I didn't bother to leave a review.

Parachute cords ?? LMAO...

The reason you don't see negative reviews is because if they don't work....your dead, and the dead don't write reviews. :)

I read reviews on just about anything, from anywhere and you can spot the ones that look like a bot wrote it. They all hit the same buzz words, same to similar scenarios. Unfortunately many online sites load up on fake reviews to promote themselves or products.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    I know at least some of the reviews on Amazon are real because I've left a few too. One was for a Polk-related item I bought on Amazon.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    you're making that up.
    and your signature's too big.
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,314
    Options
    Found another one that cracked me up...this one is for the AutoExec steering wheel tray...

https://www.amazon.com/AutoExec-Wheelmate-Steering-Attachable-Surface/dp/B00E1D1GY6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

"I love emailing the Highway patrol while I drive to let them know the tag numbers of cell phone using drivers."

Min Byong Chang

"This handy thing has been a godsend for me as a Law Enforcement officer, since i use this tray table to rest my citation book on while filling out a ticket for other drivers who use this thing while driving. Love it!"

K. Michelsen

"My husband Brad always warns me not to try and update my Facebook page while I'm driving. "You'll hit another pedestrian," he says. "This isn't the Enterprise, there isn't a deflector array." Then along comes a miracle product like this! I can now happily fly at warp speed down the streets of Los Angeles, laptop or mobile device perched right in front of me, so I can keep both eyes right on it AND on the road. It's so much easier to ignore all the frightened screams and annoying honking when you've got Facebook to look at while driving. Thank you, Wheelmate!"

George Takei

"I am totally blind and now that I have the Wheelmate Steering Wheel Tray, I can keep my fingers on my Braille map while driving
    and don't have to worry about getting lost anymore. Even though I don't know where I usually am when I get there, it's comforting to know I am in the general area. Most blind people just sit at home complaining that they can't do anything, well NOW YOU CAN. get out on the road and Hear the world."

Blind Driver

I am sure some of you have ran across the 3 wolf shirt by now...this review is from the Mountain Kids 100% Cotton Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt...

"This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt."

Amazon Customer
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~