Superscope A-245

Options
Bought this for my Audeze headphones but no longer need it since I have the Benchmark. It's basically a Marantz 2010 without the tuner. It's in great condition with no issues. $150 local only for now in DFW.

9olu2h14b7bq.jpg
mclilmwrwaxq.jpg
Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    Now there's something you don't see every day.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Never seen one? Would be nice to see a rear view photo just out of curiousity? GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Never seen one? Would be nice to see a rear view photo just out of curiousity? GLWYS. D

I had the same thought.

Superscope, in those days, had been Sony's US importer/partner (although I think that relationship had dissolved by the 1970s) and, also owned the Marantz brand. They also sold components under their own name -- Some seemed very Marantz-like, others more Sony-like.

http://www.superscopetechnologies.com/t-about.aspx
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    Options
    I'll post the back tonight. I'm only selling to fund a replacement amp for my 2-channel setup. Luckily I have a small 5 channel B&K amp and just upgraded my headphone amp/dac to hold me over. So I'll manage if I have to wait but would be nice to replace it.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    That's a nice looking piece, was curious to it's age if you know?
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    Options
    According to this : https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/superscope/a-245.shtml 1973.

I haven't had it long I bought it off Craigslist a few months ago from a guy who collects vintage gear.
    Setup:

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Sounds about right. Pre-1975, fo' sho'.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Very cool.....where's the remote? ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Buy it and add one, you lazy bum.

Its F1Nut, he's rich enough to afford to pay a PERSON to get up and change it for him each time lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Its F1Nut, he's rich enough to afford to pay a PERSON to get up and change it for him each time lol....

But he's so anal, he won't. It'll leave a smudge.

I don't blame him who would want somebody else's beaters touching their gear
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options

Yeah, right......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk