Bi amping

Can I use a stereo receivers A and B circuits to bi amp a Monitor 30 pair?

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,360
    edited April 25
    That is not bi-amping as that requires separate amps among other things. What you are purposing would be bi-wiring. You could do the same by running two pairs of speaker cables off the A binding posts. Netting the same basic results as what you purpose is to simply replace the stock jumper plates with high quality speaker cable.
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 839
    F1nut wrote: »
    That is not bi-amping as that requires separate amps among other things. What you are purposing would be bi-wiring. You could do the same by running two pairs of speaker cables off the A binding posts. Netting the same basic results as what you purpose is to simply replace the stock jumper plates with high quality speaker cable.

Yeah what F1nut said
  • UnibitUnibit Posts: 45
    I could not hear any benifet from bi-wire, maybe just my set up.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,218
    Unibit wrote: »
    I could not hear any benifet from bi-wire, maybe just my set up.

Understandable....with Monitor 30's anyway. Thing with receivers....they have one power supply, a cheap one at that, and that power can be dished out all on speaker A or speaker A+B, but it's the same amount of power. Same with a HT receiver, same power, dished out over 2 channels or up to 7 channels.

Is there something in the sound your wanting to improve on ?
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 957
    spazmo wrote: »
    In a word No!

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,514
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    spazmo wrote: »
    In a word No!

Jeez bro now you sound like Jesse :p :D :D :D
  • spazmospazmo Posts: 14
    Thanks!