Vanilla nonsense, again

Options
BlueFox
BlueFox Posts: 15,251
Vanilla is terrible. I was trying to send PMs to everyone in a Karma, and kept getting this nonsense.

jza5o9zb8h2z.jpg

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I get that all the time anymore. I know darn well it takes me more than the allotted time to punch it out on the phone so vanilla can't count.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Government Surveillance

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    And for a Karma. How ironic.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    People Suck is why you get this message. I think the penalty for Spam and all other cyber crimes should be much more severe.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think you'll find that most forums have this option activated to prevent spammers from invading. It's not just PMs but all posts so in other words if you were to attempt to spam the forum with threads or posts you would receive the same message too. Even if you were to try and edit a bunch of posts real fast you will probably activate it.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited April 2017
    Options
    One way you could have gotten around it would have been to do just one message and include all the recipients in it. I'm pretty-sure you can do that on this forum.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've had it pop up on other forums before when I try to revise a post multiple times within a few seconds such as to correct spelling errors. It will also pop up if I try to respond to multiple recipients real fast in response to for sale ads I have posted. I even had it on here once when I made multiple posts real fast. It's not unique to this forum software. They all have the feature. It looks for unusual behavior to prevent spamming. It sounds like Bluefox tried to send too many messages too fast and it triggered it.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't know what happened to you. I just know how it's supposed to work and from what the OP posted the software was operating correctly.

I think you probably did something else in too short of a period that you didn't realize that triggered it. I highly doubt "Skynet" took over and caused the software to malfunction.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,189
    Options
    Try posting on Reddit more than twice in ~10 minutes. You'll get a nasty message too.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...