Spring 2017 Record Store Day who got what?

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited April 2017 in The Clubhouse
gpp2qgxsrfcd.jpg
ipp777pw8y52.jpg

Easy Haul today got up at 7am me and a buddy had a steak and eggs breakfast, got to the record store at 8:30 a good sized line was still at the entry way. I budgeted my self to $50 dollars so didn't go to crazy. I could of easily dropped a couple of hundred had several Lp's in my hand put them all back and walked out with the Double Todd Rundgren and Utopia live at the Fox in Atlanta 73, and finally found a copy of Beefhearts Trout Mask Replica which is what I have been looking for for quite sometime. I stayed within budget and walked out the door $4 and some change under budget. So to those that attended who got what?

Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    To crowded. I did a drive bye.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2017
    I got Blade Runner soundtrack picture disc, Old '97s, Dave Matthews live at Red Rocks, The Cure Greatest Hits picture disc, Nillson Smillson and Jason Isabell. They had quite a selection at the three stores that I visited. I did not see the Theonleous Monk record that everyone wanted. My friend found one. A ton of Prince stuff was there, but I did not buy any.
    Carl

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    I wanted to get the release of The Sundays' Blind, but RSD snuck up on me this year, and I didn't even check this list until late morning. Some neat stuff on there, but missed out. Just called over to one if the local RS's, none available, with no answer at the other. Instead, I just added a few original pressings to my Discogs want list. I've been getting hosed on new vinyl lately, so have been trying to find older stuff.

Chum - did your drive-by make it "less crowded"? i.e., should we be watching the news?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I got Blade Runner soundtrack picture disc, Old '97s, Dave Matthews live at Red Rocks, The Cure Greatest Hits picture disc, Nillson Smillson and Jason Isabell. They had quite a selection at the three stores that I visited. I did not see the Theonleous Monk record that everyone wanted. My friend found one. A ton of Prince stuff was there, but I did not buy any.

Old 97s - niiice.
    Quite a broad palate there.

Hey, so what's the deal with this RSD watermark I was reading about - is it actually a print overlay on all the albums jackets?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    edited April 2017
    He he he the wife just came downstairs as were going to watch Split and I'm cranking Trout Mask Replica, and she says WTF are you listening to, gotta love Beefheart. The Rundgren was not bad considering it was a sound board recording from the show remastered. That Jason Isabel was available and The Drive By Truckers had a live RSD release lots of good ones just didn't want to spend to much.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    It's the blimp, Frank it's the blimp, it's the mothership it's the mothership
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited April 2017
    I looked but ended up w/ a two LP set of Kinks Kovers from around the world :o
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    I wanted to go but I had to work all weekend. Last years event was great! I'll be trolling the bay to find the LPs I want from this years.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    I got Anderson Paak's "Malibu" and Ray LaMontagne's "Ouroboros". Awesome albums, great mastering.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I went down to HI-Fi Buys down in Hotlanta (had a WONDERFUL shopping experience) and walked out with a 180g Fleetwood Mac Rumors 2 disc, 45rpm LP as well as a Mo-Fi 180g Daryl Hall and John Oates, Private Eyes LP.

I'll write up on another thread the other toy I got. You guys are not gonna believe this one though. I'll keep my lips sealed until I create the thread.

Now that I'm back home, off to spin some LP's....and hook up my new toy.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Taj Mahal * Labor of Love *
    4avmhk5wzau2.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    gpp2qgxsrfcd.jpg
    ipp777pw8y52.jpg

Easy Haul today got up at 7am me and a buddy had a steak and eggs breakfast, got to the record store at 8:30 a good sized line was still at the entry way. I budgeted my self to $50 dollars so didn't go to crazy. I could of easily dropped a couple of hundred had several Lp's in my hand put them all back and walked out with the Double Todd Rundgren and Utopia live at the Fox in Atlanta 73, and finally found a copy of Beefhearts Trout Mask Replica which is what I have been looking for for quite sometime. I stayed within budget and walked out the door $4 and some change under budget. So to those that attended who got what?

I swear I remember planning to take pam down the street to that concert in Atlanta in 73, she baxked out,someone bought the tickets from and that was that, great haul buddy
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    gpp2qgxsrfcd.jpg
    ipp777pw8y52.jpg

I swear I remember planning to take pam down the street to that concert in Atlanta in 73, she baxked out,someone bought the tickets from and that was that, great haul buddy

You should of dragged her there Scott, I listened to this twice now you missed a heck of a show. I was 10 at the time living in San Diego probably never even heard of Rundgren.

treitz3 wrote: »
    I went down to HI-Fi Buys down in Hotlanta (had a WONDERFUL shopping experience) and walked out with a 180g Fleetwood Mac Rumors 2 disc, 45rpm LP as well as a Mo-Fi 180g Daryl Hall and John Oates, Private Eyes LP.

I'll write up on another thread the other toy I got. You guys are not gonna believe this one though. I'll keep my lips sealed until I create the thread.

Now that I'm back home, off to spin some LP's....and hook up my new toy.

Tom

A new Turn Table I'm guessing what brand did you get?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Naw, it's the same one. I went for a 5 year stretch not really caring about vinyl because I let a buddy of mine borrow my LP cleaner and I was trying out phono pre's during that time.

Now that my vinyl rig is complete with the phono pre and I got the LP cleaner/Steam cleaner back from Dan (1 of the reasons I went to Atlanta this weekend), I can finally listen to all of the Audiophile quality LP's I've been acquiring during the 5 year hiatus.

The table is still the same. Music Hall MMF-5 w/the Grado cart. Nothing special I know This is the year that I will be concentrating on getting the vinyl portion of the rig up to snuff. I have a lot of work to do. Sounds "good" right now but my rig has the potential to sound "outstanding" and that's my goal for vinyl this year....to get it to the outstanding level.

As for the toy, I didn't make a new thread. I posted about it here >>> http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/173751/bluesound-node-2-digital-music-server-review

Don't smack me upside the head too hard.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~