CS150 Timbre match or close enough?

codycatalist
codycatalist Posts: 2,662
edited April 2017 in Speakers
To RTA11TLs? I know the CS250 is considered close enough but mine took a crap (tweeter went out) and found the 150 on my local c list for $25

****EDIT****

I did some research (not easy) and found that someone on this forum used the CS150 with some monitor 10s which I know do have the SL2000. I figure it will be a close enough fit. For $25 it's worth a shot.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
Post edited by codycatalist on

Comments

• codycatalist
    CS150 tweeter is SL4000

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I might try to find a M5 jr with the same tweet, but if you're really tight on cash the 150 is worth a shot, and can certainly function as a temporary fix...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • codycatalist
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I might try to find a M5 jr with the same tweet, but if you're really tight on cash the 150 is worth a shot, and can certainly function as a temporary fix...

Yeah temporary indeed. I thought of a M5jr as a pair is on c list as well for $50 but my entertainment center doesn't have big enough openings for me to lay it horizontally.