polks terrible website

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Wait a second ! Why isn't this a kharma ? I deserve a kharma !

..... unless you think I don't, in which case I'll agree to disagree agree with you.
    (Whew, that was a close one)
    Sal Palooza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    u4jxvim1ib74.jpg
    These are still in R&D....but initial trials and undisputed scientific methodology and measures, have these far and above anything on the market today.
    First set for karma...everybody else....pay up sukaaaas!

Assorted colours in future production runs.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Do you take trades or just cash? I have a bee a you tiff full chicken here.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    Full chickens are an acceptable form of trade here.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited June 2017
    lightman1 wrote: »

Don't forget the no return policy

Oh! That....yep. Thanks Ron.
    C'mon Russ don't be a D bag. :)

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Wait a second ! Why isn't this a kharma ? I deserve a kharma !
    you need to get off everybody's ignore list first :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Full chickens are an acceptable form of trade here.
    Full of what.
  • lightman1
    Well....OK....
    Just cover shipping so I can buy a six pack.
    But! I will tell.....no....hypnotize you into thinking these are the bee knees with my marketing prowess and command of several Romance dialects. Thus you will never return them. Ha!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Well....OK....
    But! I will tell.....no....hypnotize you into thinking these are the bee knees with my marketing prowess and command of several Romance dialects. Thus you will never return them. Ha!
    Hey babe, what's your sign is not a romance language no matter what fake accent you attempt to say it with.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    Well....OK....
    Hey babe, what's your sign is not a romance language no matter what fake accent you attempt to say it with.

Ixnay, John. The other lemmings are not hip to my ruse......
  • mrbigbluelight
    you need to get off everybody's ignore list first :p

Well, that's no fair for mommy !

:)o:)

Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    u4jxvim1ib74.jpg
    These are still in R&D....but initial trials and undisputed scientific methodology and measures, have these far and above anything on the market today.
    First set for karma...everybody else....pay up sukaaaas!

Assorted colours in future production runs.

$38
  • pitdogg2
    Well....OK....

Almost worked on me.... but the beard was a put off
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well....OK....

Almost worked on me.... but the beard was a put off

When he tries whispering sweet nothings, it sounds like James Earl Jones...just ain't right ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    For you, Ivan......$37.59... you're good people.
  • pitdogg2
    For you, Ivan......$37.59... you're good people.

Man I'm so blessed
  • mrbigbluelight
    I'm allergic to peas and most legumes.
    ..... which doesn't make me an anti-legumite, but still ... I'm allergic to peas.
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Does that make you a pea shooter?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    That would make a great avatar.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good idea.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbigbluelight
    "Pew Pew Pew".
    That phrase, along with "Nom Nom Nom" :D
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Used I/Cs like this pair for quite a while -- hand crafted using only the finest 30 gauge magnet wire & "RCA" plugs from the late, great Radio Shack.

34292489984_d93c1585ae_b.jpgDSC_8363 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

(one of those twisted pairs has gotten kinda untwisted in storage, derp)

34292490444_f6fceb235c_b.jpgDSC_8361 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

... this is High Fidelity :)

iG5Hj7g.jpg?1

Godspeed, Radio Shack ;)
  • mrbigbluelight
    The Radio Shack catalog wasn't quite up there with the Heathkit Bible but I'd rank it ahead of the Sears catalog. I'm talking before RS turned into the cellphone and AA battery store.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2017
    1) yes -- me, too ;)

2) as perusal of www.radioshackcatalogs.com will quickly reveal, there was a time that R/S was actually a pretty serious resource for hifi.

e.g., from the 1964 catalog:

025.jpg

... or 1961:

057.jpg

Imagine strollin' into the ol' Radio Shack down at the mall & pickin' up an MC-225 and a pair of Duplexes...

• mhardy6647
    Actually -- and FWIW -- I think that Allied set the bar for mail order hifi and cool electronic stuff in general BITD (as they say). :)

www.alliedcatalogs.com

045.jpg
    047.jpg
    072.jpg
    086.jpg
    114.jpg

I think I'm gonna fill out the order form & send it in -- who knows? Maybe the USPS'll forward the order to a wormhole & I'll get a delivery...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    My first receiver was a RS Lafayette model, and it worked pretty good. At least I enjoyed it at the time, along with the AR turntable, Shure cartridge, Sony RTR, and Pioneer CS-A700 speakers. The Sansui that replaced it didn't seem all that much better.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    A lot of the Radio Shack stuff was OEM, rebadge stuff from companies like Sansui and Sony but usually at a cheaper price
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    We never got any Allied catalogs but the Radio Shack catalogs from the early 60's to early 70's were good reads. And of couse the Heathkit catalog required a decent amount of gawk/wish time.

Sal Palooza