Benchmark DAC2L in black

Options
mikeyb128
mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
edited April 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hey guys,

Hoping I can give someone the opportunity to own a really nice DAC. I had the DAC1pre and now the 2L. It is identical to the HGC, just no headphone section. The 2 is heads and shoulders above the 1. This is in mint condition, I can't find a mark on it. It will arrive to you in like new condition, with all original packaging.

I have had this about a year. I always thought the benchmark stuff was ugly, but this "half rack" DAC in black is really nice and fits neatly into an already full rack.

I found this DAC to be very neutral, clean, detailed and has a very large soundstage. It has performed without a hiccup, I highly recommend it.

Reason for selling is I'm moving up the chain to the new bryston BDA3. I paid a hefty price to get this up to the great white north. I am only asking 1000 USD. I think I payed in the neighborhood of 2400 cad shipped for this. I will cover insurance on this, buyer pays shipping in Canadian funds via Canada post.

Will add more pics this week. Will pull it out of the system and snap pics from all sides. It has sat in my dedicated room, free from pets and children. Maybe the occasional drunk idiot friend, but that's about it.
2 channel:
Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
Theater:
Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

Comments

• mikeyb128
    Options
    emslozoh6iu5.jpg
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Great deal on nice DAC! It would be mine if I didn't have one.
    GLWTS!
  • mikeyb128
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Meant to write I've had this almost a year and a half. I haven't registered the warranty online. So I'm assuming someone could register it and claim it's warranty. Not sure though.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    @steveinaz

I should mention that this is a really cool piece and one I'd love to own myself (but won't be buying so don't try and tempt me lol)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    Thanks for the plugs. I used this as a preamp for a little while and sounded great. Ultimately it got replaced by a tubed pre, and is used as just digital duty with the mighty aries mini.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• mikeyb128
    Options
    Bump :smile:
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• mikeyb128
    Options
    Price drop to 900$. Going to hold onto this if it doesn't sell by my vacation on the 27th. 50% off msrp! this is an excellent sounding dac!
    2 channel:
    Theater: