B&K Reference 7250 S2 amp
Boston Acoustics VR920 center channel
Boston Acoustics VR-M60 bookies
Boston Acoustics VR-M50 bookies
Monster Power HTS 3500 Reference Power Center
2 Infinity BU-2 12" powered subs
1 Infinity Infinitesimal 10" powered servo sub
Boston Acoustics VR950 towers
And Schatzi the Dachshund is the mastermind behind it all.

Im hoping this is going to make for a really nice sounding HT system.

Please give any advice or suggestions (speaker wire & interconnect).

I recently got my VR975 towers, B&K Reference 200.7, B&K Reference 200.2 and a pair of Kinergenics SW800 sub towers with 5 10" subs in each tower and the Kinergenics electronic sub crossover.
I'll add pics of the newly purchased components as they come in.

Still need the Marantz AV8802a and the Boston Acoustics VR-MX surround speakers in black.

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    That is going to be a terrific system!

As for the wire and IC, I'm partial to www.bluejeanscable.com

Good stuff without putting you in the poorhouse, and very easy to get on and off.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    I ran the VR-M60's for years in my HT. You will have great sound.
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the interconnect.
    I had the 60s hooked up to my B&K 7250 in my 21x18 living room with tile floors and they sounded great. They would sound amazing in a small room with carpet. I can only imagine what this is all going to sound like once its all finished. I think I need to get a couple of large area rugs. I have the two Infinity down firing subs on 3/8" corkboard.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    nwh3et5r0y0b.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Schatzi is super cool and is multi talented. He rides on my quad with me. I've had him on a toboggan. He also rides a skateboard! And he can play soccer like nobody's business. He's a pretty cool little buddy! Everybody loves him.
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Here is a pick with the VR975s. I just received em a couple days ago. I'll be starting the build of my audio rack in a couple of weeks.
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Schatzi is a super cool dude and multi talented. He rides my quad with me, I've had him on a toboggan, he can ride a skateboard and he can play soccer like nobody's business. Hes a pretty cool little dude and I love him. Everybody does.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Almost there Jeff! How do you like the B&K paired with the Bostons?

Awesome pooch. My wife wants to know if he's for sale, LOL!
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Lol, No way man!! This dog is like my second kid. He's my buddy!!
    This combonation is gonna be amazing. I've only heard the 60s and the 950 towers through it with a 3.5mm to rca connected to an iphone. I can only imagine what it's gonna sound like with it all up and running through the Marantz pre/pro. It may be a little overkill for the room but I'd rather have too much than not enough. And I can always tune it down.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    I sold off my VR-975s a while back, but for some reason i got stuck with the VR-920 center. All have a VR12 randomly too. But I did finally get the VR-MC center to match the VR-M60s.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    My B&K Reference 200.7 and 200.2 amps just came in but my new pics won't upload for some reason. I'll try to add them later. Waiting for my sub towers to come in and still waiting on the right deal for the Marantz AV8802. Im so close I can almost feel the music rattling my teeth! This is gonna be a killer first HT system.
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    I'm picking up my preamp today!! Woohoo!!
    I decided to go with the Marantz AV7702.
    It should fit this system just fine.
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Just got back home with the AV7702. Unit is like new with an upgraded MIT power cord and a couple hundred dollars in upgraded software. The guy I bought it from also threw in 2 Definitive Technologies DI8R in ceiling speakers, MIT Terminator cables, Ultralink XLR cables (a lot of them), Tara Labs cables and an array of Monster Power Silver Series RCAs. He also threw in a Cool Components shrouded cooling fan and a sound level meter.Everything he gave me is in like new condition. Still having trouble with the new pics. I'll have to have my wife do the pics. I picked all of this up for $1100. Amazing deal!!:)
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    He gave me a bunch of Vibrapods also. He's one generous guy!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ^^^^^ SCORE ^^^^^^^

I use ultralink's in my HT system
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Sounds like quite the score!
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nice score. If you're putting the Marantz in a closed cabinet (especially without a lot of open space) you'll want to make sure you use the Cool Components shrouded cooling fan for it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • scubalab
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sweet deal Jeff! I was driving those VR-M60s and VR-M50s with the same exact Marantz AV-7702 and B&K 200.7 combo! Sounds like the last piece of the puzzle is some VR-MXs.

Also, to add pictures, just click on the square with the mountain in it at the top of the post all the way on the right and it will upload a picture right in the post!

b5n0dozdcvc2.png
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Also picking up a nice Salimander AV cabinet in a cherry finish from the same guy for $200.
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    Oh yeah, he even gave me a boom mic stand to put the calibration mic on for the initial setup and some kind of video enhancer called a Darbee. I'll have to research it and see what it does. It may be used for a projector as that is what he had. His projector and fixed screen are actually still for sale if anyone's interested. Let me know and ill get the info on it.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Damn - that was a nice score for $1100. He threw in several hundred dollars worth of cables/goodies AND the Darbee and boom mic? Can't beat that. Plus, a Salamander for $200 is a sweet deal. What PJ is he selling?
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    AMAZING DLP projector, sharp, Bright AND accurate right out of the box..:

"The PD8150 is one of the best front projectors I’ve had the chance to use in my theater. It has the best contrast of any DLP I’ve used to date and has image accuracy that you rarely see in the front-projector market. This is also one of the only DLP projectors that lets you have both high light output and dark blacks for high contrast. This is a mix we rarely ever see from this segment of the market. Planar has done an amazing job with its first dip into the 1080p market, and once Planar resolves the clipping issue, this is a projector I would be happy to use as a reference display.
    Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/content/planar-pd8150-dlp-projector-page-2#2xWBKqOkLwdZtX1c.99"

The system comprises of:
    1) PROJECTOR Planar PD8150 16:9 native only 800 hours/4000 hours on new bulb ($7999 original list) and remote
    (read review: http://www.soundandvision.com/content/planar-pd8150-dlp-projector#u2AlEdsczDGZFTzO.97)
    One of the best projectors in terms of out of the box color accuracy Even better color and overall image quality, after calibration Brighter than average in "best" mode Extremely sharp image Vertical and horizontal lens shift Extremely good black level performance Very good shadow detail Two HDMI 1.3 inputs, full support for 24 fps, Deep Color, etc. Support for an anamorphic lens Extremely quiet operation Long life lamp - 4000 hours in economy mode, for low cost of operation Good looking projector (physically) ISF certified with the usual ISF Day, and ISF Night modes Low image noise Runs 24fps content at 48hz Comes with a cable cover to hide the connections - a real plus for ceiling mounting Good price performance compared to other local dealer sales only projectors - See more at: http://www.projectorreviews.com/review/planar-pd8150-home-theater-projector-summary-competition-pros-and-cons/#sthash.gAqaEJCG.dpuf
    2) 40 foot high quality HDMI cable and extral long power cord
    3) Projector ceiling mount
    4) Anamorphic Lens Panamorph UH480 to convert image from 16:9 to 2.3:1 ($5000 original list) and mounting plate
    5) SCREEN Stewart Filmscreen Deluxe 130 G3 Model SNDQ128. Diagonal of 128" . 2.3:1 ratios of L:118" W:49.5" 3.5" Velvet Border ($3800 original list)

ALL IN MINT CONDITIONS- Guaranteed to rival any other HT set ups.

• schatzi2015
    Options
    Okay, I have the AV7702 hooked up to the b&k 7250 and get no sound. Tried it on the 200.7 and tried both rca and xlr cables and still no sound. I know all of my amps work. I have already had the hook up and working with no issues. I'm very new to the seperate components but I think I have it connected correctly. Is there any steps I need to do or turn on/off a function or something on the 7702?
    Thanks, Jeff.
  • scubalab
    Options
    What is your source (blu-ray, CATV, CDP, etc.)? Have you run the setup yet? You can try running some test tones - I believe it's in menu -> audio -> manual setup -> speaker level adjust -> play test tones.

The Marantz is very user friendly - just follow the setup instructions on the screen (you almost have to have it hooked up to a TV to follow through the menus/instructions).
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    kgcaovcw85dk.jpg

Is that a rocker?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • schatzi2015
    Options
    I ran all of the on screen tests and get nothing. Everything is connected correctly. The display screen on the unit is not even showing what speakers are on when you select each sound field. Front, center, front wide, subs ect. I get nothing.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Which connections at the back are you using? For RCA's there is a 7.1 input and a Unbalanced Pre-amp out. You want the Unbalanced Pre-Amp out.

Additionally if your using the XLR inputs, on some B&K amps there is a XLR button you need to hit or the amp wont work with the XLR's........ My 200.5 has them and so does the 200.7 and "maybe" the 7250...

Check those two and let us know.

Pics of the wiring at each device would be even better.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)