It's time for the Jedi to end...

2»

Comments

• K_MK_M Posts: 934
    andrew82 wrote: »
    @tonyb I actually really enjoyed Rogue One for what it was. The characters were refreshing, if a bit underdeveloped. No single one really did it for me; it was more the way they worked together that held my attention.

I do agree that most Star Wars movies operate on a stale, recycled narrative. This is why I recommended above that they focus on an entirely different segment of the story, given the vast trove of canon they have to draw on. I think-if anything-Rogue One has shown the producers at Disney that they can be a bit more creative with the IP , and develop it beyond the traditional tropes and narrative.

We both Immensely enjoyed it.
    A lot of the Star Wars stuff bores me, but this one was enjoyable and not silly.
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-
    Epos-
    Infinity-
    Advent-

• polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 1,984
    Good movies so far, I just watched TESB 3 weeks ago.
    *climbs back into DeLorean to see the rest in chronological release order*
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,380
    The official full length trailer is amazing.... December 15th is getting close.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • MarflyMarfly Posts: 28
    I would prefer those Twilek dancing girls...

We can do that! :)

• warrenwarren Posts: 521
    To Infinity and Beyond!!! Buzz Lightyear
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,821
    edited October 15
    23826474688_995ab7c416_b.jpgDSC_9629 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    37421406390_8e29d5002a_b.jpgDSC_9632 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Ron-PRon-P Spaceman Spiff Posts: 8,510
    tonyb wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Rogue One was the worst Star wars movie of the series ?

Frankly, the lack of imagination in script writing baffles me. Almost every Star Wars movie has the same script, different characters, and their is always a Death Star involved that needs to be blown up.

Plus I thought the characters in Rogue One were not as likeable as other SW movies.

I'm the exact opposite. The Force Awakens was just a bigger version of A New Hope, pretty much the same exact story, just bigger. The dude that plays the Kilo, he looks like he should be doing "I cannot believe it's not butter" commercials. A dark haired Fabo with the same acting skills, none. Horrible casting with the new, final trilogy.

You want to take lack of imagination, that Force Awakens is the poster child.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,591
    I enjoy all the Star Wars Movies. I'm just happy that it's still around after all these years.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,610
    Ron-P wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Rogue One was the worst Star wars movie of the series ?

Frankly, the lack of imagination in script writing baffles me. Almost every Star Wars movie has the same script, different characters, and their is always a Death Star involved that needs to be blown up.

Plus I thought the characters in Rogue One were not as likeable as other SW movies.

I'm the exact opposite. The Force Awakens was just a bigger version of A New Hope, pretty much the same exact story, just bigger. The dude that plays the Kilo, he looks like he should be doing "I cannot believe it's not butter" commercials. A dark haired Fabo with the same acting skills, none. Horrible casting with the new, final trilogy.

You want to take lack of imagination, that Force Awakens is the poster child.

Yep, I agree. I thought Rogue One was the best of the Star Wars since A New Hope, and in many ways better because there was actual human dialogue, solid acting, and it didn't rely on (as much) the existence of certain characters...
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
2»