It's time for the Jedi to end...

nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,878
edited April 14 in Music & Movies
Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer is out!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ
«1

Comments

  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,359
    Wow that threw me for a loop. Should be another one of my favorites!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    Dork :)
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 134
    The trailer struck me as sort of aimless. I'll of course fork over my money twice: first for the Imax-3D release and then for the Blu-Ray. Nevertheless, I was hoping for something clearer and more exciting. Like the last 5 minutes of Rogue One.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,878
    The theory is that Luke has begun to see that the only way to bring balance to the force is to destroy the Jedi and Sith.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,942
    But then how can they make more movies?
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,035
    edited April 14
    The theory is that Luke has begun to see that the only way to bring balance to the force is to destroy the Jedi and Sith.

    Or...they cut him off in mid-sentence as he was saying something like "it's time for the Jedi to end the Sith once and for all".

    Destroying all the Jedi and Sith wouldn't bring balance...since there would be nothing to stop other force sensitives to come up in the future...just like the first Sith and the first Jedi did.

  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,878
    The theory is that Luke has begun to see that the only way to bring balance to the force is to destroy the Jedi and Sith.

    Or...they cut him off in mid-sentence as he was saying something like "it's time for the Jedi to end the Sith once and for all".

    Destroying all the Jedi and Sith wouldn't bring balance...since there would be nothing to stop other force sensitives to come up in the future...just like the first Sith and the first Jedi did.

    Unless he replaces both orders with a combination of the best attributes of both...

  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 134
    I feel that they really need to wrap up the Skywalker story-line, wrap it up with a nice bow, and then move onto something else.

    I think that an exploration of the Old Republic timeline started by the game studio Bioware, and made "official" canon via the Star Wars animated TV shows, would make for an excellent, fresh take. Tons of Jedi/Sith battles, compelling character, and a new narrative.
  • warrenwarren Posts: 457
    It's time for the Jedi to end...
    nooshinjohnnooshinjohn, your a meanie..
  • gcegce Posts: 2,035
    https://youtu.be/cbeR6uYxU50
    
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,878
    warren wrote: »
    It's time for the Jedi to end...
    nooshinjohnnooshinjohn, your a meanie..
    Just quoting Luke himself... perhaps, as aunt Beru said, there is too much of his father in him.
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,127
    Yeah, that pause between "It's time for the Jedi.." "...to end" is editing to give the trailer drama and throw us off. I'm thinking it's..."It's time for the Jedi to rise again and the Sith to end."

    I'd like to see Lucasfilm go way back to the early days of the Sith with Darth Bane and his taking over of the Sith and establishing the "Rule of Two", a Master and an Apprentice.
  • Ron-PRon-P Spaceman Spiff Posts: 8,500
    edited April 15
    Horrible!

    After the awesomeness of Rogue One and how **** TFA was this trailer is no surprise. I had high hopes it'd be a solid film, but it looks to be the exact opposite, just another TFA.

    When a full trailer hits I'll take back what I said but I'm guessing I won't have to. Just another crap-fest rehash of the old series with an extremely poor cast. Just like Lucas's films 1-3. This just makes me sad and wish they would have made some good films, like Rogue One.

    JJ sure set the standard for **** Star Wars, the exact opposite of what he did for Star Trek!
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 134
    @Ron-P I agree with you 100%.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,202
    Am I the only one who thought Rogue One was the worst Star wars movie of the series ?

    Frankly, the lack of imagination in script writing baffles me. Almost every Star Wars movie has the same script, different characters, and their is always a Death Star involved that needs to be blown up.

    Plus I thought the characters in Rogue One were not as likeable as other SW movies.
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 134
    @tonyb I actually really enjoyed Rogue One for what it was. The characters were refreshing, if a bit underdeveloped. No single one really did it for me; it was more the way they worked together that held my attention.

    I do agree that most Star Wars movies operate on a stale, recycled narrative. This is why I recommended above that they focus on an entirely different segment of the story, given the vast trove of canon they have to draw on. I think-if anything-Rogue One has shown the producers at Disney that they can be a bit more creative with the IP , and develop it beyond the traditional tropes and narrative.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,878
    The Han Solo films may be very different than the other films.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,889
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Yeah, that pause between "It's time for the Jedi.." "...to end" is editing to give the trailer drama and throw us off. I'm thinking it's..."It's time for the Jedi to rise again and the Sith to end."...

    Here's my prognostication:
    It's time for the Jedi and the Sith to end... and for the Ewoks to rise

    Mark my words.

    ;)
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,878
    edited April 16
    I would prefer those Twilek dancing girls...
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,127
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Yeah, that pause between "It's time for the Jedi.." "...to end" is editing to give the trailer drama and throw us off. I'm thinking it's..."It's time for the Jedi to rise again and the Sith to end."...

    Here's my prognostication:
    It's time for the Jedi and the Sith to end... and for the Ewoks to rise

    Mark my words.

    ;)

    I'd like to quote Darth Vader from Ep3 RotS...

    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,889
    too many quotes? :neutral:

    At any rate, I was just kiddin' round -- although the Ewoks may be ripe for a reboot, you know?

    (ahem)
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,560
    I believe Luke will become "Grey" Jedi, using the light and dark sides of the force.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

    SJW

    Coincidence?

    Long live Star Trek!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    edited April 18
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

    SJW

    Coincidence?

    Long live Star Trek!

    LOL, you're to young to know, the only force you know is Power Rangers
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

    SJW

    Coincidence?

    Long live Star Trek!

    LOL, you're to young to know, the only force you know is Power Rangers

    Old enough to know incest is gross. You don't see that on Star Trek. ;)
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    Nightfall wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

    SJW

    Coincidence?

    Long live Star Trek!

    LOL, you're to young to know, the only force you know is Power Rangers

    Old enough to know incest is gross. You don't see that on Star Trek. ;)

    Have you ever seen my sister? :*
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    FYI, I don't have a sister
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

    SJW

    Coincidence?

    Long live Star Trek!

    LOL, you're to young to know, the only force you know is Power Rangers

    Old enough to know incest is gross. You don't see that on Star Trek. ;)

    Have you ever seen my sister? :*

    I legitimately laughed out loud.
  • mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,166
    Nightfall wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Star Wars abbreviates to SW.

    SJW

    Coincidence?

    Long live Star Trek!

    LOL, you're to young to know, the only force you know is Power Rangers

    Old enough to know incest is gross. You don't see that on Star Trek. ;)

    Have you ever seen my sister? :*

    I legitimately laughed out loud.

    LLOL?
  • Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 970
    That looks awesome!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!