Tidal, oh won't somebody hep me please!?

Hello folks, resident more on here. Got some questions for all you pros. First: are Tidal playlist supposed to sync across platforms, I tried to add stuff from my pc and thought they would show up on my Oppo?

Second: Tidal "Masters" the MQ somethings, how can you tell which is which? For instance Larry Carlton shows a bunch of duplicate album covers. I am assuming that one is red book and the other is MQXYZ. How do you tell? I am not having as much fun as I deserve because I cant think my way out of my own way. My free trial is gonna run out before I figure this out. HEP!

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,901
    Honestly brother, I don't even know how to tell which are MQA right now. They should be labeling them better IMO.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    Are you logging into Tidal via website or have you downloaded the PC app
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,595
    MQA should give you an indicator on your players user interface. They MQA stuff is listed under "MASTERS". Is your subscription "HIFI"? (The $20 one). Do you see the MASTERS on the Tidal/Auralic UI?
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,901
    He is talking about pulling up an artist and seeing two of the same album. Generally, one is MQA but there is no notice on which is which.
    edited April 13
    Just an example...PC app

Type in Tutu under albums left side there will be a capital "M" = masters
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 4,595
    You can see multiples of the same album without any of them being MASTERS
    If it with the Oppo, I can't help

I only know my PC and my Simaudio DAC
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,915
    I'll be damned, just did Carlton on the pc and no duplicates now wtf? However I do see the "M" when I search Tutu.

How about the cross-platform playlist, is there a save or something? Ya would kindda think since it's one account it would show on the other device no? I am using the Android app for the Oppo and searching stuff on the pc.
    Make sure you have downloaded and using an app on pc, if you are just logged in via website you will not see masters

I can see my playlists under "my music" across my iPhone, iPad, pc, and my simaudio
    Thanks Ron, I didn't even try the iPud yet. Lemme try that
    Bruce do u have the app icon on your PC
    Ok, I just got the app on the pc and it shows the "M" but the Assdroid app for Oppo does not lol. Anyway I will see what it looks like on the iPud tomorrow. Hey this may drive me back from crazy! Always put a positive spin right?
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Just an example...PC app

Type in Tutu under albums left side there will be a capital "M" = masters

Wow how did I miss that? Nice record!
    can't sleep iPud don't show it neither
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,584
    MQA is awesome. Bravo Tidal.
    Any tips from anyone running Lightning DS?
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
    I have an entire section specifically for masters on mine.
  • WagnerRCWagnerRC Posts: 1,584
    edited April 14
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I have an entire section specifically for masters on mine.

same. here. on my iphone I open the tidal app in the ds program and chose the master tab. When the song is playing it shows the mqa.

Grassyass I will try that when. I get home
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,370
    edited April 14
    When I use TIDAL on my Lightning DS app on the MINI, I see a MASTER list as a choice off to the left where it also says: Top 20 or Exclusive etc... but I do have the full premium that I got for 1 year free.

and when I play one of the master files - below the LP art work it will say normally 48hz / 24 bit ....the standard music files will say 44hz/16 bit.

Tha is if you click on the art work at lower left corner - then it will show wither it was 24 bit or 16bit

Darryl
    What does the "E" mean?
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,584
    afterburnt wrote: »
    What does the "E" mean?
    If you are asking about an album label in Tidal, "Explicit".
    There is an "E" on some albums where the "M" for masters would appear. I don't think... that anything I was looking for was explicit.
    Has anyone gotten interference sort of
    like hearing the other tracks on an an 8 track while playing Tidal?
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,370
    not thru my mini/Dac I haven't. as I been super happy with this combo!
    Could have just been the banshees in my head?
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 11,902
    When I first used Tidal on my buddy's system down in Atlanta, I thought the user interface was easy and that the learning curve was zero. Today and on my rig? I bang my head often. The I-Pad is a royal PIA and finding the MQA (which should be easy) is a hit or miss.

My devices do seem to sync up but to date, I still can't even log onto Tidal with my phone (not an I-phone or Andriod) using a 3rd party app. It keeps kicking me out saying my passwords are not correct.....even after I changed them...again....and again.

Customer support with the Node sucks donkey d*(k and their forum doesn't offer any solution to what issues I am experiencing......and here I though this was to be a format of convenience. Boy was I wrong on that assumption.

The desktop app seems to work best for me, the I-pad is a joke and the phone is useless. Good luck is all I can say.

Tom
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 11,902
    Oh, on the desktop app, it will list down at the bottom lower right hand corner whether or not the song you are playing is in CD form or MDQ. I have no clue what I'm playing on the I-POS.

Tom
  • mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,166
    Tidal through my Aries mini -> bryston bda3 has been flawless. I finally found the masters section, turns out I had about 50 search windows open in lightning DS. I'm loving this setup, I haven't touched vinyl or cds in about 2 weeks :frowning:
    Mikey I really like it too. I was listening to someone Master and heard what I thought was interference but my ol lady said it was like talking on the recording.