The 2017 Stanley Cup

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    1-1 OT is coming ... what else?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057
    Crapitals escape Series with an OT winner by Johansson.
    Leaks hung tough tho. Very gutty.
    Now the Craps will get to play Cindy Crosby and the pens.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Crapitals escape Series with an OT winner by Johansson.
    Kuznetsov should had 5 goals,he was a force.
    Leafs hung tough tho. Very gutty.
    Yep but glad they are gone :p They along with the Oilers are going to be contenders the next few years.
    Now the Craps will get to play the the best player in the world and the pens.
    Fixed it for ya.

• Mikey081057
    This is not "March Madness" NCAA basketball, but the Stanley Cup playoff has progressed from "sweet 16" teams down to 8 teams. The first round is over.

Four of the first eight series were very competitive. Perhaps the most disappointing was the number 1 seed Blackhawks getting bounced and swept out of the playoffs by the Predators. I wonder if the Predators will soon be singing the Blues? Time will tell. There were 4 wild card teams and, of those 4, only the Predators' disco ball is still spinnin' and they are Stayin' Alive.

So, all you crystal ball prognosticators, what teams will advance to the conference finals?

Rangers were a wild card team too

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Preds looked really, really good. I think they advance against the snakebit Blues. I'm taking my Caps, (yea, I don't give an eff, I've been a fan since well before the '97/98 playoff run), vs. the Pens, its a shame the Oilers are so young, cause I think they have a future as bright as the Leaf's watching that series, not sure they will get past the Ducks though without the "Gabby curse". Finally, I think the Rangers are in for it, if King Henrik isn't up to the task, the Sens could crush them, they depend on flawless goal tending more than the Caps.

I say - Caps, Oilers, Rangers, and my Cinderella story - Preds.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Mikey081057
    I say Pens Rangers Ducks Blues

• MrBuhl
    ^^ probably true, but a guy can hope for some excitement! ^^
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I usually watch San Jose games but looks like that pipe dream is over...
    Back to being a Washington fan again.

I can't wait to see Sharlene Crosbaby get is **** handed to him...

Bruins sucked :(
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    https://www.nhl.com/video/army-sergeants-perform-anthem/t-289074364/c-51729503

This was impressive opening to the Caps/Pens game.

Aside from that, the game itself was great. Something you should come to expect when these two teams meet.
  • FTGV
    Crosby is showing why he is still the best player in the game.
  • FTGV
    Nice gesture,Canadians singing Star spangled banner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2jb51HzTs
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    I'm not a real big hockey fan but I wouldn't mind seeing the Blues do something this year.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    Unfortunately, Gate, it ain't gonna happen for the Blues this year.
    Long story short: It's the Ice Capades Syndrome, again. We're experienced that many, many times over the years.
    There was about a 4 minute period where the Predators kept the puck in the Blues zone, all the while making TWO line changes. And the Blues couldn't even ice the puck. Even the announcers mentioned that "This may look like a power play folks, but it isn't". :'(
    Besides Jake Allen, the only Blues player that has really showed some playoff level grit has been Jaden Schwartz.

Game 5 tomorrow, the Blues play at home. The Predators player, Subban, is giving lessons on how to play tough defense.
    Sal Palooza
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited May 2017
    Ottawa got the OT win, only one more win and they advance.
  • MrBuhl
    More than not I expect - 3-0 with 3 min left in a non-hockey city, I bet only the die-hards remained!

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• MrBuhl
    ^^ Its honestly great to see two Canadian teams in the playoffs and doing well ^^

If When my Caps don't make it through yet again (let's face it, the Pens are faster, more precise, blah blah blah), I'll be rooting Canadian all the way.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• mrbiron
    ^^^Traitor!

When the Caps fall, Anaheim falls, NY Falls....only then will i become a Nashville fan.

The Anaheim/Edm game was a rout last night. It also got very chippy but what game wouldn't when you lose 7-1.
  • MrBuhl
    LOL Preds will be my backup for sure. They look lean and mean. Fast as hell too.

Polk SDA1c modded
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Pho-700 Phono Pre

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Unfortunately, Gate, it ain't gonna happen for the Blues this year.
    Long story short: It's the Ice Capades Syndrome, again. We're experienced that many, many times over the years.
    There was about a 4 minute period where the Predators kept the puck in the Blues zone, all the while making TWO line changes. And the Blues couldn't even ice the puck. Even the announcers mentioned that "This may look like a power play folks, but it isn't". :'(
    Besides Jake Allen, the only Blues player that has really showed some playoff level grit has been Jaden Schwartz.

Game 5 tomorrow, the Blues play at home. The Predators player, Subban, is giving lessons on how to play tough defense.

Yeah you were right. I was only "hoping" the Blues would win though. I wasn't about to bet anything on them. lol

Well at least the Cardinals are starting to get it together. St. Louis has always been more of a baseball city than anything else.