SDA - 1C Seating Position

Options
Just want to confirm I have my seat in the correct position from my 1Cs.

I measure the center of each speaker to get width distance and then my ears should be same distance measuring from the center of each speaker to my head?

I have my speakers about 6' apart and each speaker is 32" from side wall.

Thanks,
Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    That is the general guideline, but is room dependent among other things. In my room with the speakers 6 feet apart, sitting 9 feet away sounds best.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Options
    Thanks Jesse, I have been making some changes and want to rebaseline everything.

I removed my ottoman and that was the best cheap update I have made to date.

Thanks again and hope all is well.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Thanks Tracy and the same for you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    thsmith wrote: »

I removed my ottoman and that was the best cheap update I have made to date.

Its amazing how little things affect sound. Case in point once I get a call from a family member telling me how the sound from one speaker was much louder than the other, and it wasn't like that last night. I asked the simple questions. Has balance knob been moved? Is the tube buffer turned on? Is tube buffer switch engaged? the answer was yes to all of this and "I know HOW TO TURN ON THE STEREO"

After work I walk in and see a large basket of folded bath towels right in front of the affected speaker. I simply moved the basket. I was asked "what did you do its all better now" when I said what I did I got "Yea like that would make a difference"

It did but boy by god they would never admit it did. Should of told them I moved the MAGIC Crystals.....

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    Also if at all possible don not have your couch or listening chair on the opposite wall of the speakers. Having the seating position off the back wall makes a big improvement. I have a longer narrow room so unfortunately my couch sits on the long wall opposite my SDA's and just sitting on the edge of the couch vs. against the couch back presents an entirely different soundstage.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!