Anthem 225 v Rotel RA 1570?/

Options
I think I am down to these two. The Rotel has more toys like DACs which I do not care about right now but may soon. Had an Anthem several years ago and thought it a bit dry but have different speakers/cables.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of Anthem. Compared to Rotel I find Rotel to sound better but severely lack when it comes to preamp features. Anthem preamps are completely stacked with features and are very nice.
    Rotel you will spend less money and get more. Anthem you will spend more money and get less.
    No brainer in my opinion.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    This is the completely different the Anthem is pretty basic and the Rotel is loaded DACs USB and such. The Anthem is old school Both used are within $100 of each other. Also I have heard from many folks the Rotel 15 series sound is different then the 10 and 9 series.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    I have the Rotel RA1592, but had the RA1570 inhouse as well, I believe I posted a review comparing the two, you will find it here on this forum.

@geppy1 1
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    Thanks I ended up going with the Anthem Very 3D