Thank you AudioThesis

WardswebWardsweb Posts: 707
A few friends and I were treated to an awesome day of audio, all thanks to Dskip. He brought a SUV load of gear for us to play with. The Dayens amp brought my yellow Mark and Daniel speakers to life. Everyone was amazed at what a huge sound stage and bottom end the little speakers had. The Dayens had all the power, the speakers really needed to open up.

040517.jpg

I fell in love with the Auralic Altair music server/DAC. It not only rocked in my system, but we paired it with a pair of Mark and Daniel powered speakers I have and it was a stand alone music system.

auralicaltair.jpg

To top this off, he opened my eyes and ears to what acoustic treatments can do for the sound of my DIY system in the back room. It totally transformed it to a more focused, cleaner and efficient system.

sunroom040517.jpg
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,442
    That AudioThesis is a pretty good outfit.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,631
    Nice!!!! Sounds like it was a great time and Nice looking setups!!!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,429
    It's always a good time at Luther's
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,902
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    It's always a good time at Luther's

Always. So many goodies. So many horns. Horns I actually enjoy. He might just convert me if I keep coming around.

Those Mark and Daniel are still damn impressive for the size. It got the gears working in my head.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,277
    Another reason I wish I lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The other, my COWBOYS!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,204
    Dang it, Luther has one of the sweetest systems around. Nice to see you 2 bump audio uglies. lol

I also love horns, done right anyway. Done wrong....you could probably stop North Korea by turning up the volume. ;)

Do we have a review anywhere on the forum for the Altair ?
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,429
    I'm just mad because I was just a few miles down the road that day and didn't get an invite :( :'(
  • WardswebWardsweb Posts: 707
    I'm just mad because I was just a few miles down the road that day and didn't get an invite :( :'(

Not to worry. There will always be another meet. The truth is, there doesn't even need to be a meet. If you are ever in town, stop by for some tunes and a brewsky.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,442

Ron, you should be ticked. Thoughtless bunch of snobby audiophiles :D
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,270
    edited April 12

This one, snowflake tendencies he presents. :wink:
  • lordcloudlordcloud Posts: 24
    Nice!!