CD / LP place holders

Options
Hello all and happy Saturday morning to you!

I love everything about my rig but something that I had never thought to ask about before bugs me. I am in the market for a CD / LP holder. You know, something that displays the CD / LP that's currently being played in an upright position.

Right now, I just set the jewel case or LP on the rack or somewhere else. I'd like to have a dedicated spot for the CD / LP that's currently in rotation. I'll even entertain custom ideas and where you store your album covers or jewel cases when in play.

What say you? Talk to me...

Thanks all,

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well you could go this route http://www.wesleyandkemp.com/shop/recordeasel or get a high school shop class kid to whip you one up! But I think people are more inclined to go with plate/picture easels. Here is amazon link. Lots to choose from.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=plate/picture+easel&rh=i:aps,k:plate/picture+easel

and this is the one I picked up 5 or 6 years ago and still going strong...
    https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-11in-live-laugh-love-easel/10146808.html

2g5anvk1w3uj.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Nice piece of wood, a router and some finish you're in business ;)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,314
    Options
    I asked this on another forum and I found a photo of exactly what I'm looking for.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31924&d=1491663527

Anybody know where to source one of these?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    Options
    Thanks Rick but I like the looks of the MO-Fi holder.

Thank you so much Daddyjt!!! I tried but apparently I was using the wrong keywords. You rock dude!

Tom
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Thanks Rick but I like the looks of the MO-Fi holder.

Thank you so much Daddyjt!!! I tried but apparently I was using the wrong keywords. You rock dude!

Tom

No problem - glad I could help :smile:

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    Options
    You did. You definitely did. I was apparently using the wrong keywords and if my life depended on it? Yeah, I would have perished.

Thanks again bro'!

Tom
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I made my own out of maple and walnut.

11934937_10207713315059952_7668100339334840419_n.jpg?oh=7ba1e61da738ac010dc441fd0e1afb6b&oe=595BD815

I would be happy to throw one together for you the next time I swing by the shop...I have maple, walnut, cherry, oak, ask, hickory and cedar on hand as well as some poplar.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ty1a24udbrm9.jpg

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    e3n7d708zjqb.jpg
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    c01tb1hooz83.jpg
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited April 2017
    Options
    v1bwezc6kxef.jpg

Sorry about all the posts I guess you cant post multiple pics anymore. I did order the Mofi one but changed my mind and left it in the cart, $47 is at the moment was cutting into the new CD fund,I will spring for it eventually.

I took Ricks advice and got 1 large and to small Easel's at Walmart for like $8 bucks for all three glad I did, these display my current what is on the play list items real well, great recommendation Rick at that price you cant go wrong.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head