1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe - Under 54k miles

I have never sold a vehicle to a third party and figured this was a good place to begin.
Car is clean inside and was just detailed. Exterior has a bit a rust by a wheel well and has been touched up with matching silver paint....I would say touch up job was marginal, as my father completed it. I drove it down from Illinois with no issues....we have discovered we have no practical use for this car, so we are selling. I am located in greater Atlanta area and can drive it within reasonable distance to sell. Pics coming soon. PM me any question or offers. $3000.00 with a full tank of gas.

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    1997 was a great year for Honda. My 97 accord was one of the most reliable cars I ever owned. I bet I would still have it as a second car if it hadn't been totaled in a wreck 9 years ago.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    How the heck does this only have 54k miles on it? That's fantastic (less than 3k/year). I had a 1995 Accord EX (my first car) that I bought when I graduated from College and started my career. I bought it new, and had it until around 2005. It had over 225,000 miles on it when I sold it an was still going strong with the original clutch.

Plus, with a full tank of gas... this car will drive for weeks until the next fill up. Actually at the rate you've put miles on it, a full tank of gas probably lasts months, LOL.

GWTS!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    If my son was a little closer to driving age I'd be all over this. 3K is a good deal for that mileage, even if it is 20 years old.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    DaveHo wrote: »
    If my son was a little closer to driving age I'd be all over this. 3K is a good deal for that mileage, even if it is 20 years old.

Agreed!

I once bought a 7-year-old accord with 16k miles for $10,500, and I thought that was a great deal!

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited April 2017
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Left my truck there & he gave me a ride all the way home in his Civic!
    It pushed snow alot of times.
    I was blown away, that car climbed those hills like it was nothing!

I find it funny when people say they need 4WD or AWD to deal with the snow in the CO mountains. There's not been a single time I couldn't get where I needed to go because I drive a FWD Civic, even with the steep grades around here pushing snow away with my bumper. The only thing you can't do is stop on a hill.

The ricer scene 10 years ago kind of ruined their image but they're super cheap to drive, insure, fix, and extremely reliable.

$3k with only 54k miles is an amazing deal. In the Midwest and east the salt will kill it before mechanical problems do. GLWTS!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Nightfall wrote: »

I find it funny when people say they need 4WD or AWD to deal with the snow in the CO mountains. There's not been a single time I couldn't get where I needed to go because I drive a FWD Civic, even with the steep grades around here pushing snow away with my bumper. The only thing you can't do is stop on a hill.

Patty Larkin did it in a Chevette. Once.
    Resulted in - I'd opine - one of her best-ever songs.

https://youtu.be/vNm4uWYRsBs

More on-topic, after nearly 30 years in New England (which, admittedly, ain't Colorado, but does get snow and has "hills" if not Rockies), I finally learned that "all season" tires really aren't, and snow tires are for winter. :)

Of course, now all three of our ve-hickles are 4WD or AWD, but my little FWD Fiesta handed down to our daughter & son-in-law does OK in snow with snow tires on it.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2017
    I have owned many big rear wheel cars in the past, ie 67 Ponti Catalina, 68 Olds Delta 88, 69 Olds 98, 69 Ford LTD to name a few. If the snow wasn't deep enough that you couldn't open the doors, these cars would plow through no problem. I always had snow tires or cleats.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2017
    Having owned a few hardcore 4x4's in my time they can definitely do things a 2wd vehicle could never do. That said, this is one my favorite descriptions on comparing the two types. The difference between 2wd and 4wd is with 4wd you can go 50 more feet before getting stuck. Another one. Once you hit the brakes all bets are off.

I would like to note that I never got stuck and very proud of that.

Sorry for the derail.....please consider it a free bump.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    The 1994-1997 generation of Hondas was possibly the greatest. Can't believe this car hasn't already sold, this is a super bargain. :)
  • We called my 82 Civic The Cockroach it went everywhere and could not be killed.

375,000+ miles before the unibody rotted out running the coast. Car was on its third clutch

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    My 98 Accord has 200k on it and still runs strong. Everything else is slowly rotting away though. Just replaced the brake lines and fuel lines that were rusted through. The A/C compressor is gone and they want a grand to fix it....I said forgetabout it. Replaced the water pump and timing belt at about 150k miles Body is still decent with no major rust, yet.

I need some front end work, struts and other stuff, exhaust work, but it might be time to let it go. The repairs are costing more than the cars worth now. That's the thing with a 20 year old vehicle, it may run good due to low miles and such, but the undercarriage takes a beating especially in our winters. That sucker will always start and run on the coldest winter day though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited April 2017
    Well I'm going to take some pics of it today with my wife in an hot outfit laying on the hood.....yeah right!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    In all seriousness....I'm going to pull this sale due I believe it may be under priced based on my further research. Look for a new post soon w new price and pics.