House of Marley "Stir it Up" Turntable KARMA

Options
halo
halo Posts: 5,616
edited April 2017 in The Clubhouse
Hey all,

I've been the recipient of some amazing generosity on the part of many fine forum members lately and I'm looking to pay it forward by offering up a Stir it Up turntable by House of Marley. It has a built-in preamp so if you don't have one, the built-in will get you started. There is also a USB port for transferring records to digital files on your computer. I have the original packaging and I will double box it as well.

In order to submit a valid entry, please pick a number between 1 and 500 and tell me what is you're favorite record of all time (yes, you have to pick one).

You must have at least 150 posts on the forum to enter. I will let this run until Monday evening @ 8 pm Central.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

32645714816_c062b9de2a_b.jpg
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Wow, nice karma! I'm good on the TT front, so not in.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    Wow! Great karma. In with 281.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    edited April 2017
    Options
    44. Frampton Comes Alive Great Karma.
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    Hello Halo. I'm not in but I must say, cool Karma.

FWIW, I'll add my all time favorite LP - Little Feat's "Waiting for Columbus, Live" double LP Mo-Fi 180g. I must have 8-9 versions of this album and 3 of them on LP are smack wore out. Been listening to this album since I was a little bit higher than knee high to a duck.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hello Halo. I'm not in but I must say, cool Karma.

FWIW, I'll add my all time favorite LP - Little Feat's "Waiting for Columbus, Live" double LP Mo-Fi 180g. I must have 8-9 versions of this album and 3 of them on LP are smack wore out. Been listening to this album since I was a little bit higher than knee high to a duck.

Tom

That is a fine pressing of a fine recording and a fine live album.

This is an outstanding Karma.
    I am tempted but I'll pass along my slot to another, more deserving forum member (having benefited tremendously from the kindness, generosity & patience of folks here myself)!

Good luck to all!

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    DollarDave wrote: »
    Wow! Great karma. In with 281.

I forgot to post my favorite lp....in vinyl, I'd say it's ZZ Top eliminator

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Awesome Karma! not in but Awesome!

Think you asking for favorite LP's is so cool B)

I have to say it is: wait for it........ as I have to think about it..................

Steely Dan's AJA :( I think.........maybe .........or ,........dang it......Counting Crows * August and everything after...maybe) I don't know :'(
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In with 231.. if I do win, I will use it to transfer some LP's to FLAC files and re karma when done.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    In with 231.. if I do win, I will use it to transfer some LP's to FLAC files and re karma when done.

but you forgot to give your favorite LP John!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    Options
    In with #22.
    Neil Young-Decade
    Awesome Karma Thanks!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    In with 398. If I win it's not for me directly but for a budding audio buddy looking to get in to vinyl. My favourite is Chuck Mangione Feels so Good.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    voltz wrote: »

but you forgot to give your favorite LP John!

And my favorite LP of all time would be The Beatles VI. It is the record that got me started in the hobby of audio.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Not in, but awesome Karma!

I'll put in a favorite LP, anyway: Roxy Music/Avalon--Music and sonics both way up there.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Awesome karma! Thank you!
    In with 189

Favorite record is a tough one but I will say Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks, as that is the one I go back to most frequently and love it every time I listen to it.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I'll bite. 420....*snicker* see what i did there...

Chicago - Chicago
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Great karma! In with 250, Van Halen- 5150
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Awesome karma. No room for a tt but sure do miss having one.

So, not in, but Tommy - The Who might be at the top of my list.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'll go with my birthday, in with #417.

It's hard to pick a favorite as that changes, I'll say my favorite RIGHT NOW is Couldn't Stand the Weather by SRV. For those out there who only listen to mainstream music from the last 25 years or so put this album on and crank up the volume, this will teach you what dynamics sound like!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I'll go with my birthday, in with #417.
    !

Is that 417BC or AD... if it's BC, that would make you older than Jesse. :p

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Most excellent karma.

Favorite album is obscure as all get-out.

NTSU Lab Band. Lab '75
    Linky

Favorite cut. "Overture To The Royal Mongolian Suma Foosball Festival"

Bit of interesting fact. The composer of all the charts was the keyboard player.
    Student by the name of Lyle Mays.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Cool karma, not in though.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Awesome karma Victor! IN please with 256.

Favorite album - that's a tough one... I'd have to say Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason. (The Wall and Final Cut are a close second and third...)
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Awesome!

In with 183. Favorite vinyl album, ZZ Top "First Album".
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    In with 84. All-time favorite vinyl is Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix Experience. Sgt. Peppers is close, as is Blood On The Tracks.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Great karma! In with 425. I'm a Beatles Abbey Road kinda guy.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Ok Polkies, this Karma is closed!

Thank you to everyone who entered! I really enjoyed finding out what are your favorite albums!

The random number generator says the winner is 431. @daboyz, you're the closest. I guess the best guess was saved for the last!

Please send me a PM with your shipping address telephone number, & email address.

Thanks again everyone and thank you to all of the amazing folks on the forum for your generosity and kindnesses. You all rock!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome karma!!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Very generous karma! Niiicceeee
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    Congrats Dave. Nice karma.