Audio Lag with Blu-Ray Playback

Options
I need some help figuring out an issue in my system. The last few times I've played a Blu-Ray movie, the audio has been EVER so slightly off. At times it's been glaringly obvious with dialogue, but the last two times it has been more subtle.

The chain of components involved is: PS4 --> Anthem MRX 520 receiver --> Parasound Integrated (Front L-R). The PS4 is connected to the receiver via an HDMI, and the receiver is connected to the amp via two RCA interconnect cables.

At first I thought it must be an issue with the PS4, but it just so happens... I have two PS4s, so I was able to compare them and they both experienced the same issue.

Then we come to the Anthem, which has given me some trouble in the past, but nothing like this. Furthermore, I only experience this issue with Blu-Ray playback, not streaming through a Chromecast to the receiver, OR with playing games through the PS4 or streaming through the PS4.

So what gives?

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    There is a lip sync setting on your receiver. That is the best way to adjust for timing. I suspect like most receivers the lip sync feature can be applied individually to each input.
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    @Emlyn It worked! Thank you!

A bit of the pain in the neck, sort of confuses me as to why it would happen, but at least it's fixed. Now of course, I can't help but notice the slightest lag on all my sources, the OCD begins...