Arris/Motorola Surfboard modems for sale

I have two available. One SB-6141 and one SB-6183 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems for sale in the original boxes with the power supplies. I'll post pics later tonight.
$50.00 each plus shipping. Local pickup is always welcome as well. Washington, D.C.

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Great deal for someone to jump off the train of paying your cable company almost $10 a month to rent these. I bought one a year ago and it's already paid for itself and still going strong.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    I purchased the SB6141 in 2013 and it's worked like a charm with Comcast internet. I've got their highest speed and have enjoyed an excellent/consistent connection. Either would be a great addition for modem renters.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I purchased the SB6141 in 2013 and it's worked like a charm with Comcast internet. I've got their highest speed and have enjoyed an excellent/consistent connection. Either would be a great addition for modem renters.

@jflail2 What speed are you paying for from Comcast? I am asking because if it's over 100mbps you could benefit from the SB6183's ability to accept 16 bonded channels versus the SB6141's 8.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    I will take the 6183 and I will send you a mailing address. Thanks
  • honestaquarian
    qp71nidvc8ki.jpg
    6183 on the left
    6141 on the right. I bought the 6141 BEFORE Best Buy got them and had them made in white. Which started the trend.
    I never removed the plastic from the front of either of them.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Back on the market. Thanks
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dang... about 2-3 weeks sooner, and I would have swiped up that 6183. I just bought a 6190 from Best Buy and paid a LOT more for it...

GLWTS.
  • honestaquarian
    Thanks
    I still have my SB6190. I'm gonna keep it for a while as a backup in case my SB8200 goes down (*unless of course someone makes me an offer that I cannot refuse ;) *)
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2017
    jflail2 wrote: »

@jflail2 What speed are you paying for from Comcast? I am asking because if it's over 100mbps you could benefit from the SB6183's ability to accept 16 bonded channels versus the SB6141's 8.

I've got the "Blast Tier" with a theoretical limit of 200Mpbs for download and 10Mbps upload. Interesting, so I'd benefit from the 16 bonded channels at that point? I've noticed no issues, but if I can get mo speed, all the better.

Edit: My current modem supports up to 343Mbps download, so I'm curious how the 16 channels would help more. I also noticed there's a SB8200 out now with DOCSIS 3.1, 32 download channels, etc.......sounds future proof.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • honestaquarian
    @jflail2 Comcast actually bonds even more channels than that (*I believe it's on the order of 24*) The more bonded channels your modem can accept, the faster your speeds will be without even upgrading your internet package. I noticed a difference when I upgraded to the SB6183 from the 6141 and all I did was change modems (*full disclosure I am on RCN and not Comcast, but I keep up with what they are doing in case I ever decide to switch back*) The same thing happened when I later upgraded to the SB6190 which accepts up to 32 bonded channels. Now this does not apply to every situation. If for example you are only paying for something like 50 or 75 MBPS speeds, upgrading your modem will not make a difference.