Fantastic Beasts - Low Frequency Bliss

Options
scubalab
scubalab Posts: 3,101
edited April 2017 in Music & Movies
My wife and kids are very much into Harry Potter, so when this movie (by J. K. Rowling) came out, my wife picked it up. We watched it Friday night...

If you have subs that need a workout, this is the movie for you! Admittedly, I'm not a bass-head, but have really been enjoying the new subs I built for our HT (and I haven't even re-run the room calibration yet...). This movie really throws some incredible low frequencies. I actually had to turn it down and lower the sub levels, but MY GOD, great audio on this Blu-ray. The movie was pretty cool too.

Comments

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    Bought it last week but haven't watched it yet.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Which movie??
    You know there is a series of them riiiight ;):D
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Which movie??

It's in the thread title?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Which movie??

It's in the thread title?

594il08i4zpu.jpg
    bwgxhe8zcqij.gif

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • honestaquarian
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I tellya I can have some EPIC stereotypical blonde moments :# .............
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Honestaquarian - That's OK... I almost had a blonder moment and was going to reply by posting the full title (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) thinking maybe there was a series of Fantastic Beasts movies... D'Oh!

I hear ya Skip. The wife and kids had Girl Scouts last night, so I finally got the system EQ'd and man does it sound great. Watched a little of the movie again and then switched to some music. It's rare that I can sit back and just listen to music. For music, although I still prefer the little Jolida and the Paradigm Studio 40's upstairs, the HT (Marantz/B&K/Polk LSi-7's/and 3 subs) sounded crisp, clean, accurate, and tight - really liking what I'm hearing.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    I just picked this up in Steelbook format at Best Buy. I've been buying the 4K Blu-ray versions, because they come packaged with the regular Blu-ray's. Eventually I'm gonna upgrade to 4K. Once I get my SDA upgrades done some time next month I'll watch it..............................
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Great movie. Apparently I need to watch it again at a higher volume! >:)
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but I really enjoyed this movie. Witty, funny and great dialog. Will watch the next in the series and so on if they continue with the trend.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member