Polk Audio SDA SRS- 2 $400

2»

Comments

• Someone needs to keep them in the family. They are too nice to let them get out into the real world....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Dang it all to heck ..... I so want these but that would mean no money for the rocky mountain audio fest....
  • I'm ruminating over them. No rum at the moment. 155 lb?
  • Do you ever get closer to WI? My back is too bad to drive that far. I don't really "need" them, but you know how that goes... Sweet SDA SRS speakers are like crack to me. I already have way more speakers then systems as it is. The WAF isn't the best either... >:)
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2017
    Endershadow needs these, he just doesn't know it yet.

Eh..... I'm too broke and they would take over my room... and I'm just getting it how I like it.....

Plus with SDA's I'd start down the modification rabbit hole and it would eat lots of money and potentially my marriage, so I'm ok where I am at...

(Sits w popcorn and waits for Ron to give him crap about the horns he has yet to build)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    If I were to ship these, would freight companies have crates for these?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2017

Eh..... I'm too broke and they would take over my room... and I'm just getting it how I like it.....

Plus with SDA's I'd start down the modification rabbit hole and it would eat lots of money and potentially my marriage, so I'm ok where I am at...

(Sits w popcorn and waits for Ron to give him crap about the horns he has yet to build)
    I know your wife would not leave you over some SDA's, especially the way she liked my unmodded 2.3's... stop making excuses and go get them before I come out there and bury my foot knee-deep in your keister.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    xsmi wrote: »

Might be cost prohibitive.
  • xsmi
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    xsmi wrote: »

Might be cost prohibitive.

That's what I figured.

2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

I know your wife would not leave you over some SDA's, especially the way she liked my unmodded 2.3's... stop making excuses and go get them before I come out there and bury my foot knee-deep in your keister.

Top notch motivational speech, John. :D
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Go get them, Dan. I'll even come over and help you unload them into the house.
  • pitdogg2
    indyhawg wrote: »

Geesh no pressure here.....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

indyhawg wrote: »

dedk0b6cjcok.gif

And yeah...get busy with those horns B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    Dan... I have plenty of miles on my Delta Amex card to fly out and kick your keister for free. Time to man up and give these SRS a good home.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Dan.......You have heard my 2.3 TLs and John's back when he lived in Lafayette. If you need any further convincing get with Jonathan and set up a time to hear his SRS2's. Once you hear his, that should push you over the cliff

On the other hand, how are these still available?
  • xsmi
    Ok. If you’re willing to come get them, I’ll help you load them in your vehicle and the price will be $350.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    You could just dedicate one room to those speakers Dan. My wife used to have a living room until I started moving speakers in...
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2017
    Guys my rooms simply aren't build for SDA's.... their layout would severely limit or nueter the things we all like about them, non withstanding the size and form factor issues.

Due to my rooms configurations SDA's (all of them not just these), dont really work, and I'm not really interested in going that route.

I very much appreciate the thoughts and comments and support, but this is not a path I want to go down in my audio journey at this house, and with my rooms.

This doesnt reflect on SDA's simply that I fully understand my rooms limitations and my preference in sonic signature and these speakers wont fit into those criteria.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn

I very much appreciate the thoughts and comments and support, but this is not a path I want to go down in my audio journey

Young padawan, your audio journey is not complete. Your feeble skills are no match for the POWER of the DARK SIDE!!!

• xsmi
    On eBay.
  • I wish I had the setup for these. GLWTS.
  • EndersShadow
    Awesome. I've been watching these on ebay hoping you'd get your asking price for them.

Glad they went to a good home.
  • xsmi wrote: »

Forward Air has crates but you have to pack it yourself and bring your own lock. The buyer has to go to the airport you send it to and unpack it himself. An employee normally will help on both ends if you ask but it's not part of the service. I've used them many times in the past to ship motorcycles and it isn't cheap, like $400-600. It's secure and the crate protects the contents good. Next day delivery is nice too.