Polk Audio SDA SRS- 2 $400

Options
I may regret this, but alas, I'm letting my prized SRS-2's go. I'm only asking what I have in them which is about $400. These are stock except for a set of Larry's rings. I've had these for 9yrs with the intention of upgrading them but just have never gotten around to it. No shipping. I'm in the Toledo Oh area. I will post better pics when I get home. q7oja3s6x1jy.jpg
2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I would take them if you were closer to Texas.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Pin blade or blade blade
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Blade Blade
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A really good deal considering the rings alone are close to $100.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    and carp, Toledo is not that far away...
    Going on vacation tomorrow the opposite way. :(
    GLWTS!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Dan (endershadow) these are the ones for you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    Options
    No shipping!?! :D Good luck with the sale.
  • xsmi
    Options
    3u0j3hr99lm7.jpg
    soyjhper0l3a.jpg
    ckvedjvmgu28.jpg
    al9h1g7xjsfr.jpg
    69leakn7ikbz.jpg
  • xsmi
    Options
    The final pic is of an extra 6509 Sal gave me when I picked these up. I drove 9 hrs each way to pick these up. Sal gave me one HELL of a deal and I'd like to pass these on to some other polkie, in the hopes that they will be fully modded and sing in their full glory. Also, these were in a pet free smoke free home until the last 1 1/2 years. We have 2 dogs and a cat. The cat doesn't bother them, but I noticed her fur and dander on the drivers. The dogs RARELY go into the basement because I make too much noise.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Send Dan a pm... tell him he needs to buy these speakers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Can we see some pictures of the tops and sides when you get time? Thanks!
  • xsmi
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    xsmi wrote: »
    The final pic is of an extra 6509 Sal gave me when I picked these up. I drove 9 hrs each way to pick these up. Sal gave me one HELL of a deal and I'd like to pass these on to some other polkie, in the hopes that they will be fully modded and sing in their full glory. Also, these were in a pet free smoke free home until the last 1 1/2 years. We have 2 dogs and a cat. The cat doesn't bother them, but I noticed her fur and dander on the drivers. The dogs RARELY go into the basement because I make too much noise.

Which Sal did you buy these from? Just curious.

Lasareath.
  • xsmi
    Options
    fyv73cbf6z71.jpg
    phs9ov6yobaq.jpg
    dyfd9rz8qiz6.jpg
    yf9q9psj4nky.jpg
    nwap992q4wvr.jpg
    n42bd6f3klo3.jpg
    tuzlbib3t03f.jpg
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Options
    Great price to get started in the world of SRS.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • xsmi
    Options
    Sale Pending...
  • xsmi
    Options
    Back on the market.
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Are you ever in the louisville, KY area? I'd like to have them. I just don't have time for a nine hour trip. Mapquest says you're 4.5 hours away.

Nik
  • xsmi
    Options
    Nope, I never make it that way
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    @nooshinjohn

I appreciate the push, but I'm happy with the Ushers and given the small size of my room and its layout, its not optimized for SDA's in any way. The Ushers I have now sound quite good in that room paired with a hidden sub. They fit perfectly on top the Salamander rack I have.

I may regret not pulling the trigger on these, but I dont have the cash, the are a bit of a drive (not outside what I could do), and not worth the argument with the wife that would result.

If I do anything I may move up the Usher chain bookshelf wise, but I am looking forward to getting my ears on some good bookies at LSAF, hopefully the ones from @txcoastal & russman, and also the JWM ones, and maybe if I'm lucky some of the GR Research stuff that DIY guys bring....

Plus I'd be limiting myself TV size wise due to what width I could do, and I'm hoping to upgrade to a 50-60 in that room in the near future.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Nice price. My friend might be inna-rested . . . If I may be so bold, Why you selling?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • xsmi
    Options
    Just thought I'd go in a different direction for a while.
  • xsmi
    Options
    These are off the market.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Keeping them are you?

• xsmi
    Options
    Yes. The fiancé and I sat for a listen a couple of hours yesterday. At the end, she asked me not to sell them. I told her I'd sleep on it and this morning I came to the conclusion I'd hold on to them. They are her favorite pair, believe it or not.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Yes. The fiancé and I sat for a listen a couple of hours yesterday. At the end, she asked me not to sell them. I told her I'd sleep on it and this morning I came to the conclusion I'd hold on to them. They are her favorite pair, believe it or not.

Take her out and buy her a good dinner. She just helped you realize the regrets you would of had parting with those.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

DING DING DING....she's a keeper
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    I have a great Wife as well..She cant see, cant smell and cant hear. Thats the only way she would have married me. Well, I say she cant hear, She can hear d@mn good if I play the Death Metal...Ain't having that ! Good to hear you are keeping them. They are exactly like mine..Very nice.
  • xsmi
    Options
    The tax man cometh, so these are BACK on the market. If I can get my asking price for these and the Klipsch, I'll have it covered!
  • xsmi
    Options
    So, any takers? Any reasonable offer will be entertained.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Endershadow needs these, he just doesn't know it yet.