Options
2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,335
    Options
    That they do.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Shelby, eh? Had some of the best BBQ I've ever had there and not far away, the absolute worst dive whoretell I've ever stayed in.

Let me guess....PORK :/

The only kind of BBQ......

And to our esteemed resident biologist.....
    Bridges BBQ....either one, Reds or Alstons in Shelby. Just depends if you want 'mater based western NC or mild vinegar/pepper base on the last hour of smoking the shoulder.

And they have good radidio stachuns there.

We're devotees of the piquant, vinegar-kissed 'cue.
    mmmm -- now I am gettin hungry for some.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Damn right it's pork and none of that red sauce either.

Of course, hush puppies with honey butter and sweet tea. It doesn't get any better.

Mark, neither of those places, but I can't recall the name, tiny place though right in Shelby.

Russ, is Alstons right off 95?

Another great place for real BBQ is Parkers. I swear it hasn't changed since it was built back in the '30's or '40's. A real treat and well worth the short drive off 95.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Jesse, Alstons is off of US 74. A few miles off I-85 S.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Ok, that wasn't it either.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Ok, that wasn't it either.

There are a slew of eastern NC style joints along 95. Lots of hog farming out east. Plenty of pigs for the pickin'!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I like my ribs with rub, Memphis dry style, but.....I like ribs and will eat them whenever served, however served. But the fact you can hardly find any beef BBQ in the east is BS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,335
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Maybe the NE. There are a plethora of dedicated BBQ joints around where I live. Damned fine one's too, if I do say so myself.

[EDIT:] Sorry man, I missed the word "beef". Sadly, you are correct.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We've got beef, pit beef. Served on a roll with BBQ sauce, a little pepper and horseradish. Tends to be a Maryland thing along with steamed crabs covered in Old Bay.

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We've got beef, pit beef. Served on a roll with BBQ sauce, a little pepper and horseradish. Tends to be a Maryland thing along with steamed crabs.

Ghetto prime rib sammich...no offense B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a