Definitive Technology BP2000 - Fortress hand wired crossovers, dynamat subwoofers, american beast

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,050
edited April 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For your consideration is a pair of American made! Definitive Technology BP2000. This is a 120 pound, 50” tall behemoth, packed with FOUR 6.5” midbass drivers, TWO 1” aluminum dome tweeters, ONE 15” 300 watt amplified subwoofer all housed in a mirror image, nuclear bunker quality enclosure. Each enclosure wall with drivers features 1” thick medite panels, ¾” everywhere else, and high gloss black tops that are borderline right off the show room.

This is a speaker meant to get down and dirty, movies, gaming, music, fill up your house, don’t need an external subwoofer, solid extension to 23hz monster. The top end is very similar to the BP7000 (according to Chet Pelowski of Sound United) and the bass is a nice sealed enclosure with tactile response and good extension when setup properly!
The crossovers have been modified to the latest version featuring top tier parts from Clarity Cap, Jantzen and Mundorf.

The parts layout for the crossover is as follows –

Tweeter network –
Clarity Cap CSA/ESA
Mundorf Mox Resistors
Jantzen Inductors
Midbass Network –
Clarity Cap CSA/ESA
Mundorf E-Cap bypassed by Clarity Cap ESA
Jantzen Permite Core Inductors
Mundorf Mox Resistors
Hand wired on a lexan substrate, isolated from the enclosure wall

The subwoofer basket has been lined with dynamat. The enclosure walls are lined with sonopure foam from the factory.

They fill up the house with sound, they will not need external subwoofers for most users. The staging is nice, tight and fills up a large room. You will not be disappointed in a multi-use system! They were not designed for strict 2 channel systems, they sound great for music but these are hungry for power, throw out a wide stage, great for off axis, home theater, games, occasional intimate listening.

Dimmensions: 50"H, 9"W, 16 7/8 /8 "D
Weight: 120 lbs each
Frequency Response: 15Hz - 30kHz (-10db)
Efficiency: 90 dB
Impedance: Compatible with 4-8 ohm outputs
Built-in Subwoofer Amplifier: 300 watts RMS
Tweeters: Two 1" (25 mm) aluminum dome tweeter (one in the front and one in the back)
Midrange: Four 6 ½" (17 cm) high definition cast-magnesium basket polymer drivers (two on the front and two on the back)
Subwoofer: One 15" (38.1 cm) subwoofer on the side

The socks are in excellent condition, no snags, tears, holes that I can note. The tops are in fantastic condition, no notable scratches, dings, dents, etc. The bottom caps are in excellent condition, some small marks you probably would not notice in person. I am the second owner and I intended to keep them until I found a deal I could not pass up on a different set. I will be listing them publicly for $1,300 a pair + shipping. There is a pair listed, not modified, similar condition for $1,150.

Club Polk price is $1,000. I will be willing to drive up to 350 miles each way for a total of $180.00

Pictures

ghmmgvhqdt7l.jpg
qvakf1z66ms6.jpg
deepknfcghmm.jpg
47bbesqvy6u5.jpg
wfdmi52ttabx.jpg
4jjyzdck8gtl.jpg
gj8ihfs5yx0b.jpg
ren3l3ov4nnp.jpg
ja630ipo43w8.jpg
9nv5bn9o6hzv.jpg

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x5PaQnmkUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CARXlPp3zBI
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ^^^^^Yowsa, great speakers guys

FYI he's in North Carolina ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    Yes, but I am willing to drive to meet (because they fit in my car) :)

Appreciate it! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
  • mgerstle1965
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm very interested in these speakers. You sold me a set of def tech 8020ST back in September. I am on vacation and really need to put a tape measure on my space to see if these are going to overwhelm compared to the 8020s. Thanks,

Mark Gerstle
  • mgerstle1965
    mgerstle1965 Posts: 3
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I could meet you in Knoxville as I'm in Louisville. Would that work for you?
    Email me at mgerstle@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Mark Gerstle
    Post edited by mgerstle1965 on
  • VR3
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey Mark! These will be an excellent upgrade over the 8020 (even the 8060)

I will send you an email
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Yeah, get these suckers home AND IN THE HOUSE, then call me and I'll come over and check them out while drinking your expensive coffee, budd. :D
  • VR3
    Options
    w66oyv7uel0s.jpg
    tinu35760qsr.jpg
    r5cbkj3kip0i.jpg
    cdakwrgphtl0.jpg
    3dhbe7j5prvt.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    Just for Polk members, all of the mids are original and work great, but I will include four extra midranges for free, just for Polkies. The mids are about $80 each from Definitive
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Trey, which centers match well with these?
  • VR3
    edited April 2017
    Options
    - Best Case
    1) CLR3000 - Dual 6.5", Same tweeter + 10" Subwoofer
    2) CLR2000 - Dual 6.5", Same Tweeter
    3) CLR1000 - Dual 6.5", Similar tweeter (but make sure it is the "sock version" and not the grill/cabinet version). The grill/cabinet version is garbage.

- Space Constraints/had to make it work
    1) CLR2500 - Dual 5.25", 8" Sub, Same tweeter

2) CLR2300 - Dual 4.25", 8" Sub, Same tweeter

- Found a good deal, have it on hand
    Polk CS1000P, CS400i, CS400, CSiA6, IMO, YMMV. The LSiC line does not have the output to hang with the 2000.
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Awesome thanks!
  • VR3
    Options
    No problem!

The second review I posted, they review the 2000 system (mains/center/surround)
  • VR3
    Options
    Sale pending
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    Might be interested in getting my CLR 3000 pimped out I'll drop you a line through your website.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • VR3
    Options
    Absolutely Gwh!

These are sold
  • Conradicles
    Options
    Congrats those are fantastic speakers!