Network

Options
I'd like to know how to change the network settings for a Magnifi Mini. How do I tell it my SID and key? Or, what should my dhcp say to it to setup its wired interface? I've installed all the apps on google play that say 'Polk' in their title, but none of them finds the box.
The Quick Start Guide was quick, and good, but there seems to be no 'Getting it all perfect guide', or have I just missed it somewhere?

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,442
    Options
    I'll poke around with this to see if I can figure something out. There are a few MfM owners here enjoying these soundbars. They might have been inclined to hop in had you used a more specific subject for your thread. "Network" doesn't really offer much info, and wouldn't grab their attention.

In the meantime, you might have a look around at the other Magnifi Mini threads, and PM one of the other owners.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,442
    Options
    Alright, that is weird. You're right, not much in that QSG.

Head over here...
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175129/polk-audio-magnifi-mini-an-ongoing-review
    I disabled signatures.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,080
    Options
    I own one, but I only use it for TV. I know it has Bluetooth for audio from your phone, but I have no idea about the networking. I didn't buy it for that, so I didn't research that part.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • jimmylee123
    jimmylee123 Posts: 105
    Options
    I am not sure what you mean about "What should my DHCP say to it to set up my wired interface" as DHCP only speaks one language, defined in RFC 2131. Are you hooking this device up directly to your ISP provided router, via ethernet? If that is the case, you can verify it's obtaining an IP address by: opening a command prompt window from your Windows PC and running ipconfig /all. You'll be looking for your default gateway address, and in a browser, chrome, ie, etc. type in that address, such as 192.168.1.1 it will ask for a username and password, which should be on your router as well. Once you're inside the web interface you will be able to see devices connected to your network. If you are unsure of the name, you should be able to verify via MAC address. Keep in mind that this is pretty generalized and may not be specifically how you need to connect to your router. Without knowing more of your network topology I am unable to help much more.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    If its anything like my KEF, after I turned them on, there is a wifi light and it blinked red and white. That indicated it was looking for a wifi hookup. On my Ipad, I went to the wifi settings and found the KEF speakers as a "network" and clicked on it. Then I would go to the App, the app let me put the encryption password.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.