What in the world is so special about this album?

Options
https://www.amazon.com/Dressed-Occasion-Cliff-Richard/dp/B00009L1O0

51BHCpPGWtL.jpg

All I wanted was to listen to the song "Beware the Devil Woman". What gives with the pricing on this one?

The CD is from $124 and the LP is from $288. Whaaaaat???

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Could be a prank just for today? :|
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Could be...but not funny......or perhaps I should lighten up. One of the two.

https://youtu.be/7tuAkdlLhTE

I'd like to listen to this song and another one I grew up with by him. The other one is "We don't talk anymore".

https://youtu.be/htZir_Taizg

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Just switch to Rick Springfield. Should be close enough.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm finding greatest hit collections for less than 5 bucks...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    msg wrote: »

That. That there. Signature material, that is.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Hey man, it ain't audiophile material or maybe even classic material but it brings back good memories of "having adult relations" with the other sex when I was a teen. Strictly memorabilia type songs, if ya' know what I mean. Some of them, REAL good memories (Don't tell Kim).

John, I will go that route but will also go this route if it is worth it, better recording, rare, limited copy, etc....

I just want justification to the price. Right now, I ain't seeing the value. Hence, the post.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    msg wrote: »

That's gonna leave a mark. Ouch!

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wasn't he one of the Partridge Family, or was it the Osmonds????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    brings back good memories of "having adult relations" with the other sex when I was a teen.
    Tom
    TMI brah TMI
    Ps...that dude looks like Bobby Goldboro
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I have some Bobby Goldsboro... I still remember his television show. Tom Jones had a tv show too as I recall.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I have some Bobby Goldsboro... I still remember his television show. Tom Jones had a tv show too as I recall.

My dad tuned in so i had to also
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A whole bunch of country and pop mega stars had shows. I miss those days. Now it's all fake "reality" shows and fake "news"... at least that was real entertainment.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2017
    Options
    4pah7d1pdyi6.jpg
    1uxc74a1993f.jpg
    v96nxftijxrh.jpg
    82dy32bi13nm.jpg
    zsbguv29l0tq.jpg
    3wa3co7lkyi6.jpg

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    TMI brah TMI
    Well, sorry 'bout that. It won't will happen again, trust me. *snickers*

BTW, is that a Vizsla in your avatar?

Tom

• pitdogg2
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    TMI brah TMI
    Well, sorry 'bout that. It won't will happen again, trust me. *snickers*

BTW, is that a Vizsla in your avatar?

Tom

Not even close.
    Pure American Pitbull Terrier. The only dogs I've ever owned except for a Bull Terrier
    Her name was Ginger she lives on here but lives no more.
  • treitz3
    Options
    Not even close?

34aaa9d6aa84f3926b461f88e4dcce51.jpg

We buried Copper in the flower garden of our backyard about a year ago. I saw that photo (granted, your avatar is small) but it looked just like her.

Love the color and stance.

Tom
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,131
    Options
    a894vqvat4dc.jpg

Sir Cliff Richard, OBE - 1959 first album.
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Sir Cliff is probably still one of the most well-known singers in the world....except for the US. Considering he's been at it for well over 50 years and is still successful, he is obviously doing something right.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    He did manage a hit or two here (in the US), though.

Well, at least one I remember from the relatively modern era:

https://youtu.be/7tuAkdlLhTE
  • treitz3
    Options
    It appears that the prices were not an April Fools joke. I'm really curious as to why the prices are so high on this one. Weird.

Tom
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Prices do tend to be high on Amazon for some out of print CDs and books when there is little in the used market. I really noticed that with Van Morrison a couple of years ago when he decided he didn't want anyone to remaster and release most of his old CDs. Once people started selling their old CDs the market on those crashed back to more normal pricing. Sometimes it it seems like someone in a used bookstore thinks they have something rare that someone traded in for next to nothing so they post it up and wait for a sucker. There is a copy of the remastered Cliff Richard CD on Ebay for $21.21, which is usually where I'll look. Sometimes it is also worthwhile to look on the UK version of Amazon because acts that are more popular in Europe than in the US tend to have CDs available there for longer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cliff-Richard-Dressed-for-the-Occasion-UK-IMPORT-CD-Remastered-Bonus-Tracks-2004-/332130005037?hash=item4d547db02d:g:c-0AAOSwr~lYp3E2
  • treitz3
    Options
    You mean there was a copy.....

Hello Emlyn and good evening to you. I don't recall ever talking to you before on this forum, so please allow me to personally introduce myself. I'm Tom and I appreciate your insight on this. I went ahead and bought the copy of the link you provided.

I'd like to add that I do appreciate you chiming in on this thread. BTW, off topic....it looks like you have assembled a nice system(s). Rock on brother and we shall talk soon enough, now that I know who you are. Thanks.....'cause I really didn't want Rick Springfield.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Well, it came in and it's not the same version of the song. It's recorded live (which isn't bad) but it's not what I ultimately wanted. The recording isn't, shall I say, "preferable". They should have placed the mic(s) in different locations and the crowd is all over the music, unlike most other live recordings.

Back to searching...

Tom