Need advice before I purchase a pair of SDA 2's ...

Options
I am on the verge of picking these speakers up for $300.00. Can anyone tell me if they are worth the money being asked and if these speakers are even any good?
Thanks you all for your time. :)oe8e4jbgb6sp.png
wjn8kayd0vux.png
2vm20ehfm8fy.png

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    FWIW, the newer, single tweeter models (e.g. 2b's) are an improvement over the dual tweeter models.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Too much money.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    2b's for 300 is ok but not the older 2's in my opinion.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I would pass on those also. I've heard a pair before and was not that impressed. There was a pair here in town recently for $125 at a pawn shop they had been there for quite sometime.

If you wait for a better pair you would be better off unless they are impossible to find in your area, there are definitely better ones to be had at a more reasonable price if you have patience and look around.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    edited April 2017
    Options
    300 isnt too bad if there in nice shape, personally i'd hope to top out at 200-250 but it really comes down to how much you want SDA's and the amount of local availability in SDA sales in your area,Personally in my area in the last 6 years there has only been 3 sets for sale and I bought one of them
    [Make sure to get the interconnect cable that connects them if you buy them with out it there is no SDA effect]
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    Dual tweeter and especially dual crossover board SDA's can be a money pit if they are bought with the idea of upgrades. If you are looking for a pair to live with I would keep looking. I bought a nice set of 2 A's for a yard and spent way to much doing the upgrades
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    Where are you located OP? There may be a better deal to be had if you want a pair of sda's.