Bands that make you want to do stuff

For instance: The Beatles make me want to pick flowers and the Stones make me want to crack some skulls. Of course I just sit there and listen, I am too lazy to get up and do either. Oh and Sprinsteen makes me want to play in traffic.
Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.

Comments

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,178
    afterburnt wrote: »
    For instance: The Beatles make me want to pick flowers and the Stones make me want to crack some skulls. Of course I just sit there and listen, I am too lazy to get up and do either. Oh and Sprinsteen makes me want to play in traffic.

Any music makes me want to... spend money on more music.

I hate this cycle
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000 Preouts to Yamaha AV34
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

*under construction*
    Polk TSI 200
    Power: Marantz PM235
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,346
    It's a disease
    Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,814
    edited March 31
    To me, AC/DC always represented music to sniff glue by.

And, no, I didn't.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,504
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

And, no, I didn't.

You missed out on some good times, Perfesser.
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 756

And, no, I didn't.

I prefer Madmax style chrome/silver paint.
    Different strokes I guess. ;)
    cf6ljm0gwrvj.jpg
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 1,877
    Marvin Gaye makes me wanna **** . (< self censorship).

1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Pioneer Elite SC-97; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 105D; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Samsung UHD 4K Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Parasound A21; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Marantz SA8004; Music Hall MMF7 and PS Audio NuWave phono pre; Technics SL-1200MKII and PS Audio GCPH phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Anthem Pre-2L SE pre and Parasound HCA-1500A amp; Squeezebox Touch; Wyred4Sound DAC2; MIT S3 cables
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,222
    Van Halen, Not Van Hagar...
    Death Grip...
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,948
    Rap makes me want to slit my wrists and bleed out.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 222
    Leonard Cohen made me want to go see a shrink. I think he had some deal going with shrinks.
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.

Keith
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,652
    When I'm listening to some good rock or blues in my car, I want drive faster...
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

And when I listen to Barry White, well...... ;)

Rick88 wrote: »
    When I'm listening to some good rock or blues in my car, I want drive faster...

Yeah, drivin' music. Nothing better than rock and roll and a fun car. For some reason I've always found George Harrison's "Wah Wah" makes my right foot go in a downwards direction. It's on my playlist in the car, but not indoors.

Keith
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Rap makes me want to slit my wrists and bleed out.

bpgzcg5uwl7l.jpg

• jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,724
    I love listening to Marilyn Manson when I lift weights. Makes more aggressive under the barbells
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 593
    David Lee Roth makes me want to change the radio station. Janis Joplin make me want to turn the radio off.
    Old country music makes me want to keep putting the beer right to me and Joe Bonnamassa makes me want to play air guitar :)
    modded polk 1.2tl's+dreadnaught, mcintosh c100, d100, mr7084, mvp831, bridged mc2500's+ mit cables
    edited March 31
    Oh -- umm -- well --
    the day I defended my doctoral thesis, I went into the lab, early in the morning and blasted the Pink Floyd song "Fearless" on the lab stereo.

(Of course we had a lab stereo -- we used to do very complex kinetic studies blaring "the Ninth of Ludwig Van" on it -- typically at odd hours of the day, or night)

So -- I guess Pink Floyd makes me want to talk about multivalent ligand binding to the galactose/N-acetylgalactosamine receptor found in and on the surface of mammalian nonparenchymal hepatic cells (hepatocytes).

You say the hill's too steep to climb
    Climb it!
    You say you'd like to see me try
    Climbing!
    You pick the place and I'll choose the time
    And I'll climb
    The hill in my own way
    just wait a while, for the right day
    And as I rise above the treeline and the clouds
    I look down hear the sound of the things you said today
    Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd, smiling
    Merciless, the magistrate turns 'round, frowning
    and who's the fool who wears the crown
    Go down in your own way
    And everyday is the right day
    And as you rise above the fear lines in his brow
    You look down
    Hear the sound of the faces in the crowd

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/bi00322a004
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,310
    So -- I guess Pink Floyd makes me want to talk about multivalent ligand binding to the galactose/N-acetylgalactosamine receptor found in and on the surface of mammalian nonparenchymal hepatic cells (hepatocytes).

And you won't stop. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    Oh -- umm -- well --
    the day I defended my doctoral thesis, I went into the lab, early in the morning and blasted the Pink Floyd song "Fearless" on the lab stereo.

(Of course we had a lab stereo -- we used to do very complex kinetic studies blaring "the Ninth of Ludwig Van" on it -- typically at odd hours of the day, or night)

Climb it!
    Climbing!
    And I'll climb
    The hill in my own way
    Go down in your own way
    You look down

Dammit Doc.......just say drugs and carbohydrates make you feel good.
    Oh -- umm -- well --

Climb it!
    Climbing!
    And I'll climb
    The hill in my own way
    Go down in your own way
    You look down

I love it when you speak French Mark.
    So -- I guess Pink Floyd makes me want to talk about multivalent ligand binding to the galactose/N-acetylgalactosamine receptor found in and on the surface of mammalian nonparenchymal hepatic cells hepatocytes).

Mmmmm - love liver and onions.

Keith
    edited March 31
    BlueFox wrote: »

My father would say:
    Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back

Probably explains a lot, doesn' it? ;)

edited March 31

Bangles lead singer made me want to do stuff back in the day!
    Especially on a "Manic Monday"!
    edited March 31
    BlueFox wrote: »

My father would say:

"Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back"

Probably explains a lot, doesn' it? ;)

So that is why both of my shoulders hurt. :)

It's all good. Love technobabble even when I have no idea what it means.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,155
    SHOUT!!!!!!

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    edited March 31
    Carly Simon.

edited March 31
    Norah Jones.
    edited March 31
    lightman1 wrote: »

Just wanted to quote a blank Russ.
    Its like seeing a Bigfoot! B)
    He's not blank. Just on his period. :)

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • decaldecal Posts: 2,926
    Rush,Boston and Queen make me want to change the station.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.