Reinventing the turntable.....The Wheel

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,795
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Thats pretty cool.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Jesse, that's PHAT!!!

Thanks for sharing man. When are you getting one?

LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,108
    Options
  • treitz3
    Options
    Why not?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • OleBoot
    Options
    Because you would have to put the record on upside down.
  • treitz3
    Options
    If one was Einstein, would you be putting it right side up or upside down?

That is the question.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Wait a second.. it's for playing LPs backwards so you can conjure up all hidden satanic messages in heavy metal songs!

Nope! That's the work of Satan......not gonna buy it.......nosiree......
    :#

My tin hat fell off somewhere.....

There it is......
  • OleBoot
    edited March 2017
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

That is the question.

I guess if the record was an infinitely heavy pressing, gravitational lensing would allow you to see the label on the bottom side.
  • OleBoot
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    OleBoot wrote: »

That is the question.

I guess if the record was an infinitely heavy pressing, gravitational lensing would allow you to see the label on the bottom side.

Or look @ the album cover.

And deny oneself of the pilates exercise of rotating your head round and round trying to read the label? I think not.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Jesse, that's PHAT!!!

Thanks for sharing man. When are you getting one?

LOL

Tom

Don't make me laugh.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    Well, I have to admit this....

You ARE consistent.

Tom
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,338
    Options
    Well I always get dizzy trying to read the label while the record is spinning anyway.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options

That is the question.

I have records with black vinyl so pure you can see through it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Options

Since it has two sides how would you tell if it's upside down?

Seriously, when I put a CD or SACD in one of my players I can't see the label, so why do you need to see it on a record?

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    Even if you could see it, you wouldn't be able to read it.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    well, one can read the label on a spinning record* -- but it may make one a little woozy.

:)

* do not try this with a 78.
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2017
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Seriously, when I put a CD or SACD in one of my players I can't see the label, so why do you need to see it on a record?

Haters man just haters :'( ...I always thought that's what the cover/case was for silly me to think such things. :p
  • OleBoot
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

It would be like eating toast buttered on the bottom.

And no, you don't really need to see the label. Except to see if your'e putting the record on upside down, of course.

I have filed this device firmly in the "because we can" category.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I've never been able to read the label on an HDD when it's spinnin'... too darned fast.

And them SSDs -- fuggedaboutit
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,262
    Options
    Someone needs to invent some Mobius strip vinyl. That would be be of great assistance to those who are 'energy-challenged'.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2017
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I've never been able to read the label on an HDD when it's spinnin'... too darned fast.

True a 15,000RPM SAS HDD...enough to warp time and space dude!

So -- in my business, we use a technology called analytical ultracentrifugation to study physical properties of macromolecules (e.g., proteins, DNA). Ultracentriguges are cool. The heart of an analytical ultracentrifuge is a rotor made of titanium (nowadays, carbon fiber) that is spun at speeds up to 100,000 rpm. The rotors are ca 8 inches in diameter. The tangential velocity of a point on the outer circumfrence of the rotor is an appreciable fraction of the speed of light :) I asked the lab's professor, semi-seriously, whether the measurements made in an analytical ultracentrifuge at such velocities had to be corrected for relativistic time dilation.

Well -- I thought it was funny! The powers that be just said "no, we don't".
    No sense of humor have those biophysicists.

:p
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options

So -- in my business, we use a technology called analytical ultracentrifugation to study physical properties of macromolecules (e.g., proteins, DNA). Ultracentriguges are cool. The heart of an analytical ultracentrifuge is a rotor made of titanium (nowadays, carbon fiber) that is spun at speeds up to 100,000 rpm. The rotors are ca 8 inches in diameter. The tangential velocity of a point on the outer circumfrence of the rotor is an appreciable fraction of the speed of light :) I asked the lab's professor, semi-seriously, whether the measurements made in an analytical ultracentrifuge at such velocities had to be corrected for relativistic time dilation.

Huh?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

Huh?

It spins really effin fast and almost reverses time.

Drinks are on me!
  • treitz3
    Options
    I have already put 4 drinks on your tab after that one. Discombobulation doesn't even begin to describe.....

Wow, what a doozie!

Tom
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,262
    Options
    I was forced to touch myself.
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Huh?

It spins really effin fast and almost reverses time.

Drinks are on me!

You're a god don't let them tell you differently B)