Sherwood AD260B

Options
RSTERN
RSTERN Posts: 287
edited May 2008 in Electronics
Does anyone have any info. on this amp. Pick it up at a thrift store along with a Pioneer TX-410 tuner. Tried a google search for info on the amp and all i came up with is for a manual. Kinda wanted to know how many wpc and if you can run a and b speaker at the same time?
Thanks
Rob Stern
mains: rt16
center: csi40
surrounds:fx 1000
sub: SVS 20-39pc+
Post edited by RSTERN on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Found nothing on your model, but surprisingly (to me anyway) Sherwood, AKA Sherwood NewCastle, is still around.

Try writing the folks here:
    http://www.sherwoodusa.com/
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RSTERN
    RSTERN Posts: 287
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I will send them a e-mail.
    Had it hooked up some rti38, they sounded really good, but that was on the dining room table
    Thanks
    Rob
    mains: rt16
    center: csi40
    surrounds:fx 1000
    sub: SVS 20-39pc+
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Options
    You're welcome...

Ah, the old "dining-room-table-test-center"... I've got one of those...
    :)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • nanapull
    nanapull Posts: 1
    edited June 2007
    Options
    RSTERN wrote: »
    Does anyone have any info. on this amp. Pick it up at a thrift store along with a Pioneer TX-410 tuner. Tried a google search for info on the amp and all i came up with is for a manual. Kinda wanted to know how many wpc and if you can run a and b speaker at the same time?
    Thanks
    Rob Stern

I've owned one of these amps for 20 years. I purchased it as part of a system, and it's the only component that remains. It owes me nothing-- it survived my last two years of high school, and then years of college and post-college parties and daily--DAILY--abuse. It's been moved around and plugged/replugged countless times with all kinds of crappy speakers attached to it. I've had it repaired twice for a combined total of around $100. The sound quality isn't great, but it's not that bad. It's currently driving a pair of Bose 301s (they've been along for the ride since 1989) and Spica Angelus (seriously!) speakers and doing just fine. It puts out 120 WPC if I remember correctly. When I think of what I've put the thing through, I'm truly amazed that it still functions--every single knob, light, port, and feature works, though the volume knob cover came unglued and fell off within a year of purchasing. The logo has worn, so it says "S e oo ", but that just adds to its charm.
  • bb666
    bb666 Posts: 1
    edited May 2008
    Options
    I have one of these amps.

I have had it since 1994 and I love it.

I don't know WPC but would like to.

I do know that it ouputs enough to make it too loud to be in the same room
    when on full.

Cheers