Mother's Day Research

JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 252
My wife watches TV via iPad most evenings in bed. She has declared the HD280's "too hot" for this purpose and is asking for a set of bluetooth earbuds for "Mother's Day".

In my house, this means she wants them ASAP, but I won't have to get her a gift when the real Mother's Day comes around.

Haven't found solid recos for these anywhere so far, and was wondering if anyone had thoughts and opinions on something under $100 for this purpose. Comfort over fidelity for her.

Any input appreciated.
Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Fronts – Polk R20s ; Center – Polk CS175i ;
Sub – PSW 350 ; Rear – FXi4s

2 Channel Studio: Plinius 9100 Integrated ; Marantz CD 5004 ; Teac TN 300 and Rega RP1 TTs ; LCRMKIII Phonograph Preamp;
Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rhythmik F12 SE Sub ; Zu and Audioquest cables

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun."

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,297
    in-ear, over the ear, on-ear?
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

My system makes me happy and changes too often for me to care to update a list..... you guys are good at spending my money!
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 252
    In ear

Thanks.

2 Channel Studio: Plinius 9100 Integrated ; Marantz CD 5004 ; Teac TN 300 and Rega RP1 TTs ; LCRMKIII Phonograph Preamp;
    Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rhythmik F12 SE Sub ; Zu and Audioquest cables

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun."
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,448
    Has she worn in ear monitors before? I think I bought my wife about 4 different pairs and they were all too big for her ears i.e. painful. I finally ordered her this pretty cheap pair on amazon "made for women" i.e. humans with small ears. She's love them, but they are not Bluetooth...something to consider.
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Mains: Def Tech Mythos 2; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000+Energy EPS-100 sub; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Rotel RSP-1069, Rotel RB-993, Polk LSiM703, LSiM704c, NHT Super One CI, MartinLogan Dynamo (Original), FireTV, Arcam rDac
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 252
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Has she worn in ear monitors before? I think I bought my wife about 4 different pairs and they were all too big for her ears i.e. painful. I finally ordered her this pretty cheap pair on amazon "made for women" i.e. humans with small ears. She's love them, but they are not Bluetooth...something to consider.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely something to consider.