What a Great Two Weeks

Options
mrloren
mrloren Posts: 2,454
Hello,

As some my know I have been wanting to replace my RTI-8 with Signatures. I was looking at getting walnut S55 for $540 + tax from Amazon. Well that was till the 11th.

On the 11th a nice forum member posted Adorama had a bundle sale on black 2-S60, 2-S20 and an S30 for $800, I asked the wife and she said "no we don't need new speakers" On the 12 some ladies came over and picked up their quilt ladders and blanket chest and gave me checks... not Amazon cards I asked for. So I gave the wife the checks and asked if I could get the speakers. "NO"

On the 13 I showed the Adorama deal to a coworker and he said he doesn't have the bucks for it, but he would buy my RTi8 and CSi5. I called the wife and just flat out told her I was ordering the speakers. My coworker prepaid me for the RTi right then. ETA to my house the 17th :) I got the Signatures and man are they the sweetest speaker I have ever owned. I was worried about the black not matching my TV stand (no I am not buying an S55 to lay on the side for a center) The contrast makes everything stand out and looks great.

On Christmas a friend was over from AZ for a visit and he liked the way my new Marantz sounded. In late Jan early Feb his Onkyo 609 did the HDMI Board death roll. So he went to A4L and got the same Marantz I have SR5010. From the day he got it he was complaining about how he could not get it to sound right and kept saying his Onkyo had more power. I did screen shoots and hour or two on the phone trying to help him set it up. To add to all his anger he could not get the uni remote to work with it. Last Friday I was talking to him when I got my new Signatures and told him I would trade him my Sony 5700ES I've been trying to sell for the 5010. Well he had to come out this week for a doctor visit and he brought the 5010 with him. We meet for lunch yesterday and swapped receivers and gave me a nice bill with Ben on it to boot.

So today I go install the SR5010 in the bedroom with the S20 I just received. 1st thing I notice is there is no refurb sticker on it, I could swear the 5010 I got in Dec had one. Oh well I get it all hooked up and run Audyssey. I made a few minor tweeks and went to play some Uli Roth Scorpions Revisited. Oh my these are bookies! I then give it the game of thrones battle for black water test, holly ---- batman. My bedroom rocks awesome now. I don't know what my friend was thinking but this blows the Onkyo 626 I have away hands down.

Sorry for the long winded post but man I've have had a couple of great weeks. new Signatures and a major bedroom HT upgrade. Now all I need is the mother in-law to move out.
When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music

Comments

• mrloren
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Now all I need is the mother in-law to move out.

Good luck with that one.

[/quote]

She doesn't like war movies. What do I watch a lot of? War movies and they sound great on the signatures...
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Play more war movies. She'll move. Oh yeah, don't tell your friend there wasn't a problem with his Marantz.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    or you could send the Ben back...
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    A great two weeks and no mention of fishing? Color me disappointed... ;)

Seriously, that's a nice setup you put together. I wish I could hear a pair of S60s,
    just can't bring myself to buy them "sound unheard", ya know?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrloren
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Play more war movies. She'll move. Oh yeah, don't tell your friend there wasn't a problem with his Marantz.

Yes I try to watch at least one a week if not more.

I did tell my friend I have it all hooked up and running sweet. I even offered to trade back and give him his Ben back, he said no. I guess he is just angered at Marantz, he said he never will buy again.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    that is one good week. Congrats!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Yeah, that's a great two weeks!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »

Seriously, that's a nice setup you put together. I wish I could hear a pair of S60s,

I heard 'em for ya! Buy 'em! ;)
  • mrloren
    Options

to early for tuna,, 1/2 and 3/4 day boats are going for rockfish. I like fishing for fish that fight back.

If your in SoCal I don't mind if you come to have a listen. These are one awesome speaker. I was listening to the S20 earlier in the bedroom and they are just amazing.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Nice story.

Good luck with the mother-in-law. B)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    to early for tuna,, 1/2 and 3/4 day boats are going for rockfish. I like fishing for fish that fight back.

If your in SoCal I don't mind if you come to have a listen. These are one awesome speaker. I was listening to the S20 earlier in the bedroom and they are just amazing.
    LOL, I had to google rockfish to see that you must be referring to the Pacific variety,
    the rockfish we call striped bass can give you a workout, at least the keepers (28"+) No boat necessary either.

Seeing the reviews here on the S Series has me believing they sound great; my comment was more to the fact that I still cannot audition them anywhere near where I live, very strange.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mrloren
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »

LOL, I had to google rockfish to see that you must be referring to the Pacific variety,
    the rockfish we call striped bass can give you a workout, at least the keepers (28"+) No boat necessary either.

Seeing the reviews here on the S Series has me believing they sound great; my comment was more to the fact that I still cannot audition them anywhere near where I live, very strange.

I had to go to the Polk facility in Vista to get a audition of the "S" series.