Finally moved

Well..... We are finally home. We got the clear to close on the last day of Feb and closed Friday March 3rd. The rig has been packed since Feb 15th and i have just set it up temporarily. Couldn't wait any longer. Much different acoustics in the concrete basement than the framed and finished space. Moving the refrigerators (as my wife refers to the SRS) and 1As was a challenge, but all went well. Now to plan for the room finish. So much to do.0qtd5z80v1ca.jpg
Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    edited March 2017
    Like a new canvas.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Congrats!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    1976doc wrote: »
    What is it with these things winding up in basements?

The wife has a first floor sewing room at 12 x 15. I have the basement at 26 x 47. The math works in my favor. As Jess says, a new blank canvas to do with as I want. Pool table, pinball machines, bar and most important, a listening room.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    la2vegas wrote: »
    1976doc wrote: »
    What is it with these things winding up in basements?
    The laws of physics. Big heavy speakers go down stairs easier than up. Otherwise we would see more of them in attics.

Dang, why didn't I think of that!

:blush:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    edited March 2017
    I was thinkin' to myself, "Self -- I hope the OP wears shoes with thick rubber soles when he's runnin' that hifi system downstairs on the slab".

Otherwise, as my high school science teacher used to say:
    -- he might be "smoking more and enjoying it less"

rkFuQY3.jpg

:)