Polk monitors 10 B

Options
kansas
kansas Posts: 14
What kind of capacitors should I replace the originals with also where can I purchase these?
Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Answer ✓
    Options
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You should also replace the sandcast resistors with Mills. They are also available from soniccraft. I assume you have the SL2000 tweeters and a polyswitch. The polyswitch should be replaced with a 0.5 Ohm resistor. There is a much better and smoother sounding tweeter that is a direct replacement, the RD0-194. It can be ordered from Polk customer service for ~$50 each. Tell them you are a forum member and shipping is free.

There is also the SL3000 mod which requires more parts and uses the RD0-198 tweeter, a replacement for the SL3000. A link to the schematic is below. All the schematics can be found in the vintage speaker section.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/attachments/4/6/7/2/8/18777.pdf

Some feel the RD0-198 sounds even better than the RD0-194. Both sound better than the SL2000.
  • kansas
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have the 194's and 4 new drivers.
    I have also African mahogany veneer that I'll be applying.
    I'm about 50% through the restoration.
    They go on the operating table tomorrow..

Answers

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Options
    What he said, You live in Kansas ? What part if so?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • kansas
    Options
    I'm actually from Midwestern Kansas. Born and raised there but I currently live in Phoenix az. Lived here about 13 yrs.
    I'm from hays Kansas