Outdoor AVR, how do you do it?

Options
2»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I give my wife a hard time about being a Libra because she can't make up her mind because her scales keep teetering. Gemini's have 2 sides :D:D:D;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I'm a Cancer. Crabby and insolent.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    I built a small wooden shelf with a handle that I just move my AVR from the pool area to the shed when I'm done with it.

Unhooking the speakers and having to handle it each time is a pain, but something I don't mind doing.

I've also used a small plastic tote to house it but the whole moisture thing becomes a problem eventually when left outside in our weather.

Enclosures will also cause a problem with a remote. Nothing worse than floating 30 ft away when a good song comes on and the remote won't move the volume dial.

I just use cheap AVR's and a cd player, if and when they go, they go.

I like Tony's idea about that shelf in the dining area cept it's hard to make volume adjustments if everyone is outside.

But be warned, I don't think you'll get that hellaish thunder thump of bass outside that you get on the inside >:) .
    If you do, let me know how you did that..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Dan are you a Libra?

Don't think so... June 6 bday so whatever that is

Gemini, just about the same

So I can blame it all on that? Can't WAIT to tell my wife that's why I am the way I am... it's the DAMN STARS FAULTS!

Yep those stars you'll be seeing once she gives you the warp factor 9 across the ol'noggin