Bluetooth connected Magnifi Soundbar cutting out when there is Wifi traffic on the network

I've recently purchased a Magnify Soundbar and am experiencing significant sound cutout when there is traffic on the home wifi network when the Magnify Soundbar is connected via Bluetooth. My set up is pretty simple. I've got my Mac connected to the Soundbar via Bluetooth and I'm using iTunes on the Mac to play music through the Soundbar. Now, if I'm using the Internet on another home Wifi network connected device, iPad or iPhone, the Soundbar will constantly cut out. This is particularly noticeable if the other device is streaming video (YouTube). The home network router is provided by AT&T Uverse and I've not experienced any lagging issues like this in other situations.

Are there any changes I can make to my Soundbar, Router, Mac, iPad, iPhone configuration to eliminate this sound cutout or is this an indication that my Soundbar's bluetooth hardware is defective.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Try putting as much distance on the wifi channel it uses from the other devices. Could also be you just have too many devices for the type of service you have from ATT.

Streaming video uses up a lot of bandwidth, you may not have a lot left over to also stream music without buffering issues, which if you do have buffering issues the sound bar will cut out.

Turn all your other devices off, just use the Magnify and see if you still have issues. If you don't, the problem is in your router/service area. With a lot of devices streaming, it's probably better to get your own modem/router, dual band, so you can keep some devices on a separate band. Plus you won't have to rent the one the cable company gives you.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • thompsam
    thompsam Posts: 3
    Thank you for the advice, but unless I don't understand something, we are talking about two different communication technologies, bluetooth and Wifi. My Mac and the Soundbar are Bluetooth connected. The Mac is doing nothing wifi/internet wise, just streaming the music to the Soundbar via Bluetooth, not Wifi. Why is Wifi activity from a second device causing the sound coming from the Soundbar to cut in and out.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yes, 2 different but they share some of the same frequencies WI-FI also uses. Here's a better description and possible solution.

http://www.goldtouch.com/stop-bluetooth-interference-messing-devices/
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I have this same issue! Thanks for the advice! I paused my wifi on all devices and the bluetooth stopped cutting out! Something so simple but yet ridiculous! Polk should be more on the ball with this issue... They refused to replace or fix bc its passed its warranty. But this should be classified under manufacture defect and should be fixed!