Audiophiles of North Texas

DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
Hey local dudes... join up! I am starting this in hopes that it takes off as a legitimate Dallas Audio Society. I made a post on the LSAF Facebook page for promotion as well.

https://www.facebook.com/AudiophilesofNorthTexas/

The ANT logo was created by Polk's own D2lo. Thanks Michael!
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• Cool. Are there going to be field trips? A scheduled take over of the good doctors 2 channel room sounds like fun.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534
    Can I be an honourary ant in Canada? :)

Sounds like your on a good pa lath Derek, keep doing what your doing!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,484
    I'm not an really audiophile (though I'd love to be).

I'm now borderline North Texan/West Texan.

I'm not on Facebook.

Three strikes and I'm out???
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,355
    Sounds like a Game of thrones season finale.....Audiophiles of the North, west, south, east all coming together in Texas for a final battle. Who will sit on the throne when the smoke clears ? The midget audiophile from Florida ? The fire breather from California ? Stone cold dudes from Jersey ? The noble audiophile anarchists from Texas remain supreme ?

I await the results....but I may just wait and watch the whole season in a row. ;)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,789
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sounds like a Game of thrones season finale.....Audiophiles of the North, west, south, east all coming together in Texas for a final battle. Who will sit on the throne when the smoke clears ? The midget audiophile from Florida ? The fire breather from California ? Stone cold dudes from Jersey ? The noble audiophile anarchists from Texas remain supreme ?

I await the results....but I may just wait and watch the whole season in a row. ;)

So you might possibly be saying, that a few out of towners coming for LSAF, maybe spies? :#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,331
    NC Rednecks gonna represent, Yo!
    lightman1 wrote: »
    NC Rednecks gonna represent, Yo!

Just remember, that when you play with the bulls, you might get the horns >:)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,078
    Are you flying down Russ?
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    treitz3 wrote: »

Yeah and he's bringing a possie....come on down bro
    Ryan
    Dan
    Mike
    Matt

Yep. Come on down, Tom. Good times to be had.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
    The peer variety has always been my favorite kind of pressure.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    DSkip wrote: »
    The peer variety has always been my favorite kind of pressure.

Mine is procrastination
    After a 2 hour long great conversation with Russ, the clown faced child molester everyone including the FBI is looking for, it seems that I will be heading down.

Just need to clear it with my better half and we will be golden.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    I used the Jedi mind trick on him. Distracted him with talk of class D amps and subliminaly suggested he buy a ticket to Dallas. My work here is done.
    Shut up Russ.

Tom

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
    Sure. Give russ the credit.
    audiothesis.com/

My apologies, Skip. Did not mean to steal your thunder.
    He only called me to make sure you aren't a con-man and wasn't selling him on second class snake oil futures.
    I vouched that your snake oil is the best to be had in North America.
    Too funny. Glad I wasn't drinking anything while reading that! LOL

Tom

• HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 372
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Yeah and he's bringing a possie....come on down bro
    Ryan
    Dan
    Mike
    Matt

I'll be driving the get away car! >:)

eek0mz71nngx.jpg
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: Polk Signature S20
    Integrated Pre: Parasound P5
    Power Amp: Parasound A23
    CDP: Pioneer DV-563A; the Denon is riding shotgun.
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7
  • lordcloudlordcloud Posts: 24
    I'm down!!
    I'll be flying in and should arrive at DFW at 6:07pm on Friday.

Looking forward to this!

Tom