Good sounding DVD Audio discs

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
This discussion was created from comments split from: Your best sounding SACD.
Testing
Testing
Testing

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    q2skm99hy8p0.jpg

If you include DVD Audio (typically better sound that SACD, IMHO)

3iodb1puunub.jpg
    b6ldjo0gx4cb.jpg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    They all sound good whether DVD-A or SACD. My favorite DVD-As are Fleetwood Macs Rumours and Olivia Newton Johns Journey Live.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Well I currently own two Tom Petty Damned The Torpedoes, (thanks Scott) and Neil Young Harvest so those are my best sounding ones,. I would buy more if I find some.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    I tend to agree Cathy. I have several that I have both the SACD and DVD-A copy. Some of the DVD-A copies do sound better to my ears. Both copies of Fleetwood Mac's are incredibly well done...
    My personal favorite in my DVD-A collection is Queensryche's Empire it is just super. I have an Alice in Chains best of I really wanted to be good but they put way too much bass in it. I was super disappointed. All in all i have about 25 DVD-A disc's. I personally never seen or knew that Alison Krauss ever had made that in DVD-A.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    The Alison Krauss is an SACD. This confusion is a remnant of my error in the SACD thread, of posting a great sounding SACD (Alison Krauss), and two great sounding DVD Audios (BB King/Clapton and Fagen).

Sorry again for the confusion. If I could edit my post I would.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Yep that's a good one Danny