Multiple LP Plays in a Row - Damage is Possible

Options
2»

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    To wit......"Naw man...I know I heard the spectres voice on the intro to Brain Damage......just listen!"
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Took long enough for you guys to Polkieize? this thread ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Took long enough for you guys to Polkieize? this thread ;)

We had to wait for Doc Hardy to Hardy up the thread first. A show of respect of course.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Alright, I chose Phil Collins "Face Value" because there's not a shortage and it's a cheap record. I'm about to listen to enough Phil Collins tonight to last me a month, the same side over and over.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    Hope you have some good booze to help you through.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    The LP I was using was the new/remastered copy of division bell. It sounds really good.

"Sounded really good "

>:)

Ugh.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Nightfall
    Options
    I never noticed this but there's a repeat button on my TT. Why would Yamaha put a repeat button on one of their best TT's ever if repeat plays would destroy records? I don't think they would.

I'm on the third play through of "Face Value" side A. Still sounds fine so far.

• Nightfall
    Options
    This must be loooove, I feeeel it. This must be loooooove!

• lightman1
    Options
    Josh is feeling the vibes now
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I can't take it anymore. I'm going to let the record keep playing on repeat and I'm going to watch (and listen!) to something else while it does its thing.

• Nightfall
    Options
    I forgot I had this thing... Soundcraftsmen Instructional Test Record. I bought it a while ago and never played it. It looks like it's just a bunch of test tones, probably nothing like the test records we were talking about earlier.

213561l.jpg

• Nightfall
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Alright, this is been on repeat for near 3 hours and it still sounds fine. When I pulled the record off it did not feel significantly warm either like the record in the OP, only very very slightly warm.

I checked out the Soundcraftsmen record and it's for setting up an equalizer.

This looks like what I want https://www.amazon.com/HiFi-News-Test-Producers-Cut/dp/B00KMCL1PE

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Sounds to me like it's yet one more reason to leave vinyl behind and switch to another format.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Here I get a night's sleep and you guys have all the fun...
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Alright, I chose Phil Collins "Face Value" because there's not a shortage and it's a cheap record. I'm about to listen to enough Phil Collins tonight to last me a month, the same side over and over.

Oh my god are you harboring a few people to torture? I mean I can't get through one song of Phil Collins let alone an album side, then on repeat oh my God the Horror. :o

All jokes aside perhaps you got a bad pressing, it happens more often on newer pressings, I have clear, red, blue, white, yellow, no problems, but some problems such as warpage, and extreme surface noise on what appears to be a mint clean copy have only been expierenced by me with some of the newer 180 gram pressings.

I have read a lot of complaints on the quality control of some of the newer vinyl pressings. Solution buy another copy of the same LP and see if you experience it again if so return them both.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Options
    stones89 wrote: »
    i do believe damage can be done playing the same track over and over.

Heretic! That's literally impossible, all vinyl records are invulnerable. ;)

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Shellac, baby -- bring back shellac!

:)

record-shellac-fragments-1500-d3c3126a80e6cabbb01c526d329fb73f.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    You haven't seen my original copy of Jimi Hendrix's Are You Experienced that I got in seventh grade...