Polk Buckle Headphones (Brown)

Options
Bought these about a year ago for a good price and used them maybe 5-10 hours when first got them. They have been put away unused for the past several months. They come packaged (almost) as new in original box with paperwork, cable, carry pouch, and 1/8" - 1/4" adapter plug.

$45.00 shipped to CONUS.

kcngh06ak4f3.jpg
dr3duz6qhys7.jpg
u67md1ekoda0.jpg
roqcn24x2huc.jpg
lgdz88fmk2iv.jpg
z28f13e8qlrr.jpg

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Bump...

How about $40.00 shipped?

You'd be hard-pressed to find as nice a set of headphones for this price. These are very well made and sound nice.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    They do sound sound great and comfy too. I paid way more than this for mine, this is an excellent deal.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Comfort is OK after hours of listening? They look a bit small for over ear, so I'm curious. I think I'll take them if you can confirm.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • scubalab
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I honestly haven't worn them for any great lengths of time - maybe about an hour or so at most. And, it's been a while since I used them. Honestly, I don't find any headphones comfortable after a couple hours. I even have some older over-ear Sennheisers that have the softest velour ear cushions and head cushion. They are very comfortable, but I find even these get uncomfortable after any longer listening sessions. I can say that the cushions on the buckles are very soft leather. I do agree that they look small for over-ear headphones, but IIRC, they fit nicely and were very comfortable for the times I used them.

It's up to you... I wouldn't want to steer you wrong! I'd completely understand if you didn't want to chance it.

@jeremymarcinko - How do you find the comfort of yours after longer periods of time wearing them?
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    I never listen for more than a couple hours at a time and they were fine. I have a relatively small head though so the fit was never too tight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    I own a pair of Buckles I find them pretty comfortable at this price do yourself a favor and snag them!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • scubalab
    Options
    Update - I had no PMs or interest in the first 3-4 days, but in the last day, I have 3 people interested in them. To be fair, I'll offer them to the people in the order I heard from them. @jflail2 has first dibs, but I have not gotten a PM. If you're still interested, please let me know. If I don't hear back by tomorrow, Juan @la2vegas is next in line. Third in line is @tophatjohnny.

Thanks!
    -Al
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Just found a pair online. Thanks anyway!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • scubalab
    Options