New LSIM 705's

2»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Look, she made yet another blanket statement. I have *thought* a lot of gear was going to sound good/better than something else. I have been disappointed a lot. Apparently, my expectation bias is using reverse psychology on me!

Seriously, all you want to do is argue with people regardless of how asinine you look yourself.

To the OP, here is a simple way to find out how room modes will effect your room. It should be used as a baseline and not a bible. This calculator will give you a general idea of how room modes with effect where you choose to sit in the room.
    http://www.harman.com/room-mode-calculator
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    arekon wrote: »
    SIMM.

how do they blend with the 706, any complaints?

Pretty seamless soundstage. I was using the 706 with a pair of 703's which I have now moved to rear duty. Overkill I know but that's what I'm doing. I think my opportunities are with placement and reasonable room treatments, a separate amp, and then upgrade speaker cables.

I use a Yamaha RX-A3000 receiver and some inexpensive wire know. Got one more year of college to get through for my daughter and then I can splurge a little.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Look, she made yet another blanket statement. I have *thought* a lot of gear was going to sound good/better than something else. I have been disappointed a lot. Apparently, my expectation bias is using reverse psychology on me!

Seriously, all you want to do is argue with people regardless of how asinine you look yourself.

To the OP, here is a simple way to find out how room modes will effect your room. It should be used as a baseline and not a bible. This calculator will give you a general idea of how room modes with effect where you choose to sit in the room.

I am going to play around with this...thanks
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Like you have any experience with home theaters...phhht :p:D:D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    That just never gets old Ken.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip