Tonight Albert Cummings In Concert

Options
gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
edited March 2017 in The Clubhouse
http://albertcummings.com/tour-dates/

I've been waiting for this one and it's finally here gonna be some killer Blues tonight. I've been hearing some good reviews and this Redstone room is a great venue. I heard that Johnny Winters old rythem section is backing him up. I figure I will push my way up front and get some pictures of this big shebang.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    He's pretty good. Early in his career, he was a big time SRV wannabe. He has since found his own way and is a much better guitarist for it. Have a good time and be safe.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    If he has Johnny Winter's rhythm section backing him up they are solid and it'll be a great show. Looking forward to some photos.
  • dromunds
    Options
    I don't know if Paul Nelson is playing or not, he was Johnny's manager toward the end of his career that re-directed him and got him off drugs, also the "featured" guitarist who played with the band usually on the first song of the set and also for the encore of Highway 61, but he's a fantastic guitar player and if he is playing that will be an extra special treat. The rest of the band is great, don't get me wrong, but Paul Nelson would be something special.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    decal wrote: »
    He's pretty good. Early in his career, he was a big time SRV wannabe. He has since found his own way and is a much better guitarist for it. Have a good time and be safe.

Yeah he is a bit and sometimes called a SRV wannabe, as Robin Trower was called a Hendrix wannabe, or Corey Stevens being an SRV wannabe. This will be the third time seeing Albert Cummings and the man can play in his own right. I'm looking forward to the show friends coming over in a bit will put down a few beers then off to the 7:30 show. I will bring my Camera since cell phone pics don't work on the forum no more, plan on working my way to the stage.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Options
    60jnzoipgpje.jpg
    yzgh6n2kqr3b.jpg
    xlvjbxohcrop.jpg
    orgr9qytddv9.jpg now

Well just got back gonna be dragging you know what tomorrow morning up at 5:30 at work bright and early the jams were great and the Vanilla Stouts were a plenty. well music is what this hobby is about and if Albert comes to your neck of the woods go and see him. Time to crash.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    Options
    wow will have to go over my pics tomorrow must of been the Vanilla Stouts that gave me a shaky hand a 3 hour set with a 15 minute break in between.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• dromunds
    Options
    That doesn't look like Johnny Winter's band, but can't tell especially bass player with beard. Do you know whether it was or not? Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the photos. Looking forward to more.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Glad you had a great time! Albert has a lot more influences than SRV and blends all of them with his unique stylings/phrasings.

Hair of the dog today, Steve. ;)