• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,122
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    OleBoot wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Age? I told God what to call dirt.

I used to drink with his Dad.

Ah, so you're that young whipper snapper.

Yeah, he told me some stories about you. The midget sounded interesting.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    The midget sounded interesting.

Don't talk about me like I'm not here, jeesh. For the record he was gentle.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I won't say my exact age but my first concert was Cal Jam 2.

My parents told me not to go but I did anyway.... I could not sit for a week.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    ... Unless you're Jesse, in which case he is as old as we think he is.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,270
    Options
    Old enough to remember "My Mother the Car" which, until just recently, I had managed to forget. :'(

BTW, the title song for "MMTC" was written and 'performed' by Paul Hampton.
    You know, the Paul Hampton who also wrote the following ditty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHV6v_iA3Aw
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,045
    Options
    Old enough to remember "My Mother the Car" which, until just recently, I had managed to forget. :'(
    My work is done here.

;)

BTW, the title song for "MMTC" was written and 'performed' by Paul Hampton.
    You know, the Paul Hampton who also wrote the following ditty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHV6v_iA3Aw

I did not know that -- but I did remember that theme song over the decades.
    Pretty sure I built a model of that mother-car. I know I built a model of the taxi from the short-lived TV show The Good Guys (with Herb Edelman & Bob Denver).

For the record -- I did retire young. Well, a little young. Still too young for Medicare, actually. Hope there still is Medicare when I am old enough to take advantage of it :neutral:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    [For the record -- I did retire young. Well, a little young. Still too young for Medicare, actually. Hope there still is Medicare when I am old enough to take advantage of it :neutral:

There's an old saying for that Mark....." Too old to rock n roll and too young to die."

Clutch Cargo anyone ? Animation sure came a long way. Garfield Goose ?

HR Puffnstuff was a good one I almost forgot about. Another was a show called MR. Chicken.....not sure if it was Don Knott's .....or not.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Clutch Cargo was one of those where the characters had superimposed human lips rather than animation for speaking, wasn't it? That was a weird "innovation"!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Clutch Cargo was one of those where the characters had superimposed human lips rather than animation for speaking, wasn't it? That was a weird "innovation"!

Yep sure did.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    Age? Means nothing. Will be 58 soon but still have not grown up. And don't plan on doing it any time soon.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyb
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Age? Means nothing. Will be 58 soon but still have not grown up. And don't plan on doing it any time soon.

It's a trap, don't grow up. lol

Rat bastages told me to grow up, be an adult. Then when you do, it's like...wtf is this crap !. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    If I grow up, I can't be a Toys R Us kid anymore.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    speaking of which -- do they still make Garanimals?
    I could use a wardrobe refresh.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I was watching the herd playing "Mass Effect Andromeda" and commented on the facial animation that EA used on this release. I referenced Clutch Cargo.

.... I had to explain Clutch Cargo. Or at least I tried to.

6eyzrgsdad9x.jpg

Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    heh --- that graphic is like Clutch Cargo with inverse polarity ;) (Or the two's complement of Clutch Cargo, if one might be more mathematically inclined)

https://youtu.be/6MHg1-mpcUY
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I find the 85" curved Samsung looks good sitting atop the CSiA6...

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I find the 85" curved Samsung looks good sitting atop the CSiA6...

So does a perfectly flat 55" Samsung. Amazing TVs but I just can't grasp a curved screen...dunno why.
    Now that's the dumbest thing you have said yet. EVERYBODY knows the bigger the tv, the smaller the stand and the speaker need to be to put them on.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    speaking of which -- do they still make Garanimals?
    I could use a wardrobe refresh.

Your are in luck, just saw a commercial for Garanimals.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    Options
    LOL.....but if I see anymore cars loaded with Beanie Babies under the rear window I'm gonna puke.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 2017
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    LOL.....but if I see anymore cars loaded with Beanie Babies under the rear window I'm gonna puke.

One of our children had a Beanie Baby thing for a while.
    One of the cats who darkened our doorways for a couple of years (on loan from its mistress when she was in cat-free housing in college) liked altitude and proclaimed himself their Emporer.

11947100234_f00baedf99_b.jpgDSCN6268 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Those are on top of a tall bookshelf -- you can see the corner of the doorframe to the right in the photo.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,122
    Options
    You stole my cat...........Oh no, here she is. The world is full of super cute tabby cats.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Well, that one above (Harpo), was our son's girlfriend's cat.
    She's still his girlfriend; Harpo is NLA.

Harpo bore an uncanny resemblance to our tabby, Tim (the Timorous Tomcat).

11996799543_a20b46d3a6_b.jpgDSCN6762 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Tim in the foreground, Harpo in the rear; eye-lasers set to kill.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    And time for another bump. >:)

• mhardy6647
    Options

ummm... OK. :)

How 'bout a little two-channel hifi?

11322441483_6bd047e7b8_b.jpgDSC_5143 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The question is how well do they look on their side while supporting a tv. Your post does not address the most important function of a speaker.

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    oh my
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2017
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

ummm... OK. :)

How 'bout a little two-channel hifi?

11322441483_6bd047e7b8_b.jpgDSC_5143 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Man the rekkid playah is almost too big for that rack!

It was a hifi get-together at one of the Northern New England guru's homes -- so the setup was somewhat cobbled up. For the record, the system in the photo (sporting electrodynamic loudspeakers and single-ended 50 amplifiers) belongs to Dave Slagle of Intact Audio fame.

12122837923_ba665966e5_b.jpgDSC_5243 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

note that the cartridge is of the electromagnetic kind! :) That Dave, he loves his magnetism.
    The question is how well do they look on their side while supporting a tv. Your post does not address the most important function of a speaker.

point taken. It would be really hard to sit components on top of one used as a center channel :(
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Is this a karma ? Please, somebody tell me this is a karma !!!
    IN, with 512.
    Sal Palooza