Optimal interconnect length.

Options
Is there an optimal length for the SDA Interconnect cable ? Looked and could not find that info. I do know it has been recommended that one should use the same wire as the speaker wire from the amp. Got that covered. I am putting together my Neutrik SpeakOn cables for the SDS SRS 2's

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I don't think there is an optimal length. As short as possible while still allowing you some slack to widen them if you think you might have to in the future.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Thanks, kinda what I thought thanks again Nightfall.
  • stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    Options
    Leave yourself plenty. I learned the hard way many years ago with a couple of 1/2 meter IC's. measure twice cut once....so they say.
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Most of the original cables were 20 total feet, but some were 30 total feet. I made my Dreadnought cables 8 feet per side because that's all I needed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    The same cable you use for your speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    I don't think there is a specified, optimal length. Just think of any time in the future you might move your rig and the max distance you might have to run the cable and make it that long.

I would think 6-8' per side would be plenty for most applications. Larger rooms and seating distances might require more cable.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Most of the original cables were 20 total feet, but some were 30 total feet. I made my Dreadnought cables 8 feet per side because that's all I needed.

I was kind of wondering what the originals were. I made mine 15 ft. I had it in my mind that I did not exceed the original length. This gives me plenty if and when I Dreadnought. Thanks.
  • stones89
    stones89 Posts: 229
    Options
    I have 2 originals 20 ft each
    Basis 2200 Signature, Vector 4, Transfiguration Proteus, Allnic H3000, Meridian 200/563, CJ ET5, McIntosh 501's, Thiel CS6, 3.6, Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl, MIT EVO, KS/Wywires PC's